Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

My info (contact at the club) was that they had agreed to a compensation just over 20m but the sticking point is when. We won’t allow him to work for them before end of summer window.

They are insistent on it so the club will demand silly money for that release but they aren’t really seriously contemplating it so it’s anyone’s guess what that crazy fee would be.

Hope we’re talking “Lingard” silly! Fuck them and him. I honestly believe this is a blessing in disguise for us. 

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Hope we’re talking “Lingard” silly! Fuck them and him. I honestly believe this is a blessing in disguise for us. 

Oh I’d say it’s more Chris Wood silly (on top of the already agreed compo)

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

I reckon he's Ashworths replacement 

So do I and I'd be quite happy with it. Very decent record at Bournemouth and highly coveted. 

Don't think I can be chewed with the whole he's only here cos he's Howes pal patter. /from bournemouth.Be a certain section of fans using it as a stick to beat eddie with soon as anything goes wrong

Edited by jack j

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Don't think I can be chewed with the whole he's only here cos he's Howes pal patter. /from bournemouth.Be a certain section of fans using it as a stick to beat eddie with soon as anything goes wrong

If there was a problem with having hired him, it would be on the board to be honest. Can't pin everything on Eddie.

18 minutes ago, 80 said:

If there was a problem with having hired him, it would be on the board to be honest. Can't pin everything on Eddie.

I know that

But there's plenty dying to stick the boot into Eddie for his Bournemouth connection etc

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

I know that

But there's plenty dying to stick the boot into Eddie for his Bournemouth connection etc

It's insane isn't it? Some of the absolute bellends on X with a massive agenda against him is truly staggering.

I can't help think Man Utd are just chucking people into positions at the club that already have people in them. They are obviously top quality but will they all be fighting against each other.

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

I can't help think Man Utd are just chucking people into positions at the club that already have people in them. They are obviously top quality but will they all be fighting against each other.

I was thinking how we took so much time to make our moves for things like our CEO, CFO and sporting director but Man Utd are just hiring people from everywhere. Our way is frustrating at times, but I feel like it's more likely to lead to consistent success. What Man Utd are doing seems wreckless and poorly thought out. Hopefully it blows up in their face.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently Liverpool and Roma are fans too.

Pretty sure he speaks Italian - used to like him on Italian Football on BT - knew his stuff 

He’s one of those intellectual types 

Most of these guys are very savvy operators, without knowing what went on while Ashworth was here, it does seem that he didn’t quite get going in the role, even in the short time he was here.

It’s quite plausible that they just didn’t take to him on a personal level.

That Man Utd speculation started last summer too so if the writing was on the wall they probably gave him a limited capacity of responsibility.

Like if you suspect your missus is cheating on you, you’re hardly going to give her full access to your bank accounts and a heads up of your fall back plan? It’s sort of same thing.