Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 minute ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Does this sort of thing normally take this long to finalise. It’s starting to feel like they don’t want him. 

I remember him being unavailable on GL for ages when he joined, but the actual joining didn’t seem to take this long. 

7th Feb 2022 he was put on gardening leave by Brighton

30th May 2022 a deal was struck with Brighton and he joined 6th June 2022 after Premier League approval 

Plus we didn't go crying to the press so timing wise this isn't out of the ordinary I guess

I used to think superstar transfer sagas were boring, but then we have had 2 Dan Ashworth gardening leave sagas dragging on months in 2 years. 

2 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Does this sort of thing normally take this long to finalise. It’s starting to feel like they don’t want him. 

I remember him being unavailable on GL for ages when he joined, but the actual joining didn’t seem to take this long. 

It took months for us to finalise compo with Brighton

2 hours ago, TRC said:

I used to think superstar transfer sagas were boring, but then we have had 2 Dan Ashworth gardening leave sagas dragging on months in 2 years. 

I thought I had it made when I was recruited by a competitor, walked out of the building after giving notice, then proceeded to get my bonus and paid for 3 weeks until I started the new gig. Dan Dan the Gardening Man has shown me up for the chump that I am.

1 hour ago, FLUMPO235 said:

He’s so advanced he’s unlocked the gardening mode. 

The workshy bastard just puts himself on holiday for multiple seasons with an instruction to his assistant to apply on his behalf when any more prestigious job comes up.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

No issues with City and Southampton for Berrada and Wilcox. 

Ashworth still in his garden... 

Maybe you should find some money first.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No issues with City and Southampton for Berrada and Wilcox. 

Ashworth still in his garden... 

Clickbait GIF by guiles theme

Just now, Jack27 said:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/club-statement-jason-wilcox?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=news-wilcox-statement&utm_term=news&utm_content=link

Sounds like Man Utd finally agreed to pay what Southampton wanted and thus got the deal done. 

Do that with Newcastle and see what happens. Not rocket science 

I bet his garden doesn't even look that great either.

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/club-statement-jason-wilcox?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=news-wilcox-statement&utm_term=news&utm_content=link

Sounds like Man Utd finally agreed to pay what Southampton wanted and thus got the deal done. 

Do that with Newcastle and see what happens. Not rocket science 

What do you mean finally? :lol:

Do any Newcastle fans really give a shit about what’s happening with Dan? Apart from wanting to extract the maximum cash it feels like all we care about is who’s coming in next

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Do any Newcastle fans really give a shit about what’s happening with Dan? Apart from wanting to extract the maximum cash it feels like all we care about is who’s coming in next

I think he's replaceable and his record here isn't amazing. I feel he's most responsible for the Tonali mess by not doing proper due dilligence or being suspicious of the low fee, Joelinton magically signing a new contract as soon as Dan was in his garden.

Edited by Skeletor

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

What do you mean finally? :lol:

What do you think “reluctantly agreed” and “acceptable compensation fee” mean?

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I want him to rot in his garden out of principle. And because of the arrogance of Radcliffe. 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

No fucks given here about Dans Garden, just want to bleed Man United dry or leave Dan in limbo for 18 months. Either either for me 👍

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

What do you think “reluctantly agreed” and “acceptable compensation fee” mean?

I think they reluctantly agreed an acceptable compensation fee. :lol:

What do you mean by finally? This wasn't drawn out in the slightest. We only made the move for him at the start of April.