Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Didn't know that you can challenge an unrealistic evaluation like this. Man Utd wanted £15m from us to get Lingard on loan. Could we have made legal challenges over it? Lingard himself was quite upset over that.

It isn’t a legal challenge, it’s ’Independent Arbitration’ however both parties have to agree to arbitration. Newcastle should tell him to fuck off.

A contract is a contract, Newton Heath either pay to have him released from the contract or he sits on Gardening Leave until its expiry, Arbitration has no say if we do or do not release him from it.

6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It isn’t a legal challenge, it’s ’Independent Arbitration’ however both parties have to agree to arbitration. Newcastle should tell him to fuck off.

And if they don't agree, he can take it to court?

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

And if they don't agree, he can take it to court?

Employment Tribunal is the judicial body for employment work contract issues. Rulings from them are legally binding.

Edited by FloydianMag

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't understand on what grounds he even has to take this to court ?

Well exactly - he idiot is under contract. It is not rocket science.

I'd love to know if runtcliffe is actually at the table or if he thinks speaking to every reporter about how hard done by they are will see the deal done out of pity or something.

Pretty sure we got short shrift when we enquired about lingard, the world has a habit of coming back and biting you on the arse.

I’ll be genuinely happen if we receive absolutely nothing from those Manc wankers and make this shit-house sit out on gardening leave until as late as we can possibly do so!

Cheeky bastard!

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Isn't it possible that there is a clause in his contract that any disputes would be settled by arbitration? 

I doubt it, but even so. If there's a period of gardening leave tied to a compensation fee in his contract I don't really see arbitration doing much in this circumstance. 

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Isn't it possible that there is a clause in his contract that any disputes would be settled by arbitration? 

Then why wait three months to get to this stage?

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Then why wait three months to get to this stage?

Presumably because he/they thought it would be settled without it? I don't imagine they expect arbitration to just say "Yeah you can have him for nothing", but perhaps they think they've got a better chance that way than dealing with us directly? 

30 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Not sure why anyone's upset, imagine the Saudi power moves on the horizon :fwap:

TBF there has been no indication of the Saudis rocking any boats 

20 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Your guess is as good as mine 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF there has been no indication of the Saudis rocking any boats 

Can't even have a wank over a hypothetical corporate power move these days, world's gone mad. 

12 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It isn’t the sort of thing you would have in UK employment contracts as you can’t have something that would take away an individuals statutory rights.

So the lad on here yesterday referring to the Mancs as ‘United’ and banging on about CAS and how we should accept the Mancs offer as it stands… has desperate Dan set himself up an account on N-O?

This clown is clearly starting to develop a reputation for himself, and it ain’t a good one.

Tries to jump ship at the first sign of a newer project, then spits his dummy out when he doesn’t get his way.

What an utter fucking sleazeball.