Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Jesus they're utterly deranged on redcafe. Now complaining we're using the press. Ermm, that's precisely what Man U were doing to kick all this off.

In order, they have...

1. Disrupted our Dof via the press

2. Made a secret approach without contacting the club

3. Offered compensation below what we'd paid Brighton (who we formally approached and kept it all above board)

4. Publicly complained to the media that we wouldn't just give in to their demands.

What they fuck do they expect [emoji38] All they had to do was go through proper channels and not offer derisory, loss making compensation. Basically don't be cunts.

Someone was claiming they were sure we did the same with Ashworth when he was at Brighton, and he would reveal it :lol:

Never mind the fact there was never any complaint or issue with Brighton and we never low balled them or had Ashworth take them to arbitration [emoji38]

Football fans in general are embarrassingly biased, but my God, that place really is tragic.

44 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just fyi @Froggy, you guys created this entire mess all on your own. Between the apparent tapping up, the inability to negotiate a fair release, your “billionaire” who can’t shut up over this whole issue and blabs about it on a TV interview and this entire idea and narrative that WE are being unreasonable. Your club, and all of its pomp and circumstance can fuuuuuck right off. 

You’re alright tho as you know. No issues with you mate. But seriously don’t even try and bait this shit. 

There's definitely part of the frog that saw the news and was happy he gets to wins us up about it.

Seen some references to Berrada using an Ineos email address, which article was that in? (Current in the middle of a whatsapp discussion where a Man U fan is trying to claim Berrada and Ashworth exchanging emails is just two blokes having a conversation, has nowt to do with Man U)

Would be an absolute crease if he went for the 'well Newcastle did it to me when I was at Brighton!' and absolutely stiched himself. :lol:

Do you see the perpetrator? Yeah I'm right here!

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Seen some references to Berrada using an Ineos email address, which article was that in? (Current in the middle of a whatsapp discussion where a Man U fan is trying to claim Berrada and Ashworth exchanging emails is just two blokes having a conversation, has nowt to do with Man U)

It was in Hope's original article that broke the story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13443573/Man-United-chiefs-email-blunder-Dan-Ashworth-Premier-League-tapping-punishment-Man-City-Omar-Berrada.html

"We can reveal the pair had a conversation in early February and Ashworth followed that up by sending an email to Berrada - at an INEOS account - making it clear he wanted to accept the opportunity of becoming Man United’s sporting director."

31 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Anyone got the Athletic link? - useful to see whether they have any more snippets or whether it’s microwave reheat.

Wasn't even a reheat. They just reference the claim from other sources.

5 hours ago, Dokko said:

I'd say they really need an undisclosed settlement in the next week to make this go away from our side, and privately apologise to citeh or they'll end up in court several times over, forced to pay large sums of money to 3 clubs and Ashworth career in ruins, and he may even be liable at this point. 

It's a glorious mess caused by Ratcliffe thinking he can swing the lead in public. It's only going to get worse as he'll double down on his behaviour as he's been unchecked for decades, he doesn't understand any other way.

Glorious. Another nail in the manure coffin, and perfect preparation for their cup tie at the weekend. 

Considering he was the one who went public about how he thought our handling of this was a bit silly, he doesn't half look like a complete tit now.

It would be hilarious if it turns out because he hasn’t handed in his notice yet, that his gardening leave hasn’t officially started yet. 

now runs to 2026 :p

16 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

It would be hilarious if it turns out because he hasn’t handed in his notice yet, that his gardening leave hasn’t officially started yet. 

now runs to 2026 :p

Ooh, plot twist. ?

One thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why Berrada would be using an ineos email account while on gardening leave? Dan ashworth accidently forwarding an email is a small mistake (that could prove costly) but Berrada doing business talks on an Ineos email while still on gardening leave would be down right stupid wouldn’t it?

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

One thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why Berrada would be using an ineos email account while on gardening leave? Dan ashworth accidently forwarding an email is a small mistake (that could prove costly) but Berrada doing business talks on an Ineos email while still on gardening leave would be down right stupid wouldn’t it?

Seems likely it wouldn't have just been Berrada's idea...

21 minutes ago, OCK said:

"We had a grown up conversation" :yao:

Passive aggressive bellend talk. 

I hate this term so much :lol:

whey, you had a grown up conversation did you? Is that something to be praised? Surely if you have to point that out it means you don't usually have them?

Think its the term that winds me up the most. Seething over here :lol:.

10 minutes ago, 80 said:

Seems likely it wouldn't have just been Berrada's idea...

Has Dodgy Doper Dave Brailsford’s nefarious deeds draped all over this. He gets a kick from trying to defraud and denigrate rules.

Posted (edited)

if the rumour is true that Yasir's determined for Dan to see out his gardening leave unless MU pay out, I don't think it bodes well for them if they're trying to sell players like Casemiro to the Saudi league. 

They seem like a bunch of complete amateurs at running a football club. 

Long may it continue!

Edited by Ginola14

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

if the rumour is true that Yasir's determined for Dan to see out his gardening leave unless MU pay out, I don't think it bodes well for them if they're trying to sell players like Casemiro to the Saudi league. 

Long may it continue!

Them and Chelsea are going to be hilarious this summer, I wish Pep would fuck off cos Man City will have the league won by Christmas at this rate 

8 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

if the rumour is true that Yasir's determined for Dan to see out his gardening leave unless MU pay out, I don't think it bodes well for them if they're trying to sell players like Casemiro to the Saudi league

Long may it continue!

I'm sure nothing nefarious will be said to the other teams in the Saudi League when it comes to buying from Man U in the coming months. [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Long may it continue!

That may be the rumour but no one knows how much we want.

Red cafe is hilarious. We are as bad as the nazis for checking his emails and worse than Isreal and Russia due to our fake news PR efforts.

whats happened to manure, they used to be the biggest club in the world. Now they can’t even pay market rate for a director of football from a wee club in the north east. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would be an absolute crease if he went for the 'well Newcastle did it to me when I was at Brighton!' and absolutely stiched himself. :lol:

Do you see the perpetrator? Yeah I'm right here!

2 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Red cafe is hilarious. We are as bad as the nazis for checking his emails and worse than Isreal and Russia due to our fake news PR efforts.

whats happened to manure, they used to be the biggest club in the world. Now they can’t even pay market rate for a director of football from a wee club in the north east. 

Just listened to that daft lass on united stand and she is exactly the same. The most entitled and arrogant set of fans there is (even more than Liverpool and Arsenal and that's saying something). You are not sacked if you're continuing to accept a wage. Can't wait for the cunts to have it stuck up them and seeing the meltdown proceed. Bring it on.

I get the feeling this could be become the soap opera of the summer with both parties getting increasingly bitter.

All because Shetland Danny couldnt immediately join them.