Dan Ashworth: released from contractual obligations after agreement reached between Newcastle and Man Utd (Official)

Rich

Just now, lovejoy said:

Hopefully we can now stop the weird Man Utd obsession on the board.

If it were not for Brexit Jim being at the helm I’d agree with you but he’s talked himself into it now.

The idea that we were risking points deductions playing chicken with arbitration strategies for compensation for a staff member is wild for me. When Eales got the job, i doubt he was recounting massive bluff strategies in Vegas as his key selling point.  

Just now, The Prophet said:

To br fair, sounds like he did some invaluable work during his time, even if he has conducted himself like an unprofessional weasel.

Bearing in mind the mess we were in when he came, you have to wonder what he done that others wouldn't have ?

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We don't have the revenues to support that and the club know it.

Unless we increase revenues substantially we'll need to sell, sell, sell. If not for Minteh we would have sold Gordon or someone.

While we don't have the revenues needed. We need to be able to have markets for nearly all of our players. It doesn't matter what we pay those who can go to elite clubs (Bruno, Isak) - others will pay more. But your Joelintons, Willocks etc. we need to be able to shift them quickly if needed.

Although we currently lack the necessary revenue, it is crucial to acknowledge the consistent year-on-year growth. Players like Joelinton and Willock is essential for achieving our objectives. The cost in replacing these players will be too much, Integrating them with Tonali, Bruno, and Longstaff would create a formidable and proven midfield. With this aspect addressed, our focus should shift to strengthening our attack by securing a reliable backup for Isak and acquiring a capable right winger. Additionally, reinforcing our defense is paramount. Therefore, it is imperative that we adopt a strategic perspective, identifying the gaps and devising a plan to fill them effectively.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Clearly, nobody else of equal or more repute wanted to pay Lloyd Kelly 70-80k.

Respectfully, you can't just make claims like this.

We don't know who was offering what. Besides a big part of him joining was to continue working with Howe, who took him to Bournemouth.

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You're using big words but the logic isn't coherent.

We do not have the revenues of the clubs you mentioned. We will be hit with points deductions or fire sales if we do not keep tight with expenditure.

Listen, mate. Let me break it down for you. The board's goal, or should I say their crazy dream, is to be the number one team. The chairman himself said it. Remember that episode in "We Are Newcastle"? In the very first episode, Darren explained to the board that there's a strong link between how much we pay our players and where we end up in the league. So, to make sure we reach the top, we'll be pushing the limits of the Profit and Sustainability Rules every year. We're going all in to become NUMBER ONE. Those examples you mentioned, like Spurs and Brighton, won't cut it for us. Our revenue is on the rise, year after year. Now, if this logic doesn't make sense to you, that's fine. But just remember, the club's one and only goal is to be NUMBER ONE, and we'll spend every last penny we can to get there.

Saw a post on a Brighton forum about Ashworth where they said he described his speciality as kind of setting up structures within an organisation, and once he'd done that there wasn't that much for him to do.

Hopefully we've taken his ideas, the most useful element of his expertise, to get our organisation up and running properly from the Ashley shitshow and we now just need to find the next chappie/chapette to take us forward.

Also, he left in February. We were already in the PSR shitter with him as director.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Saw a post on a Brighton forum about Ashworth where they said he described his speciality as kind of setting up structures within an organisation, and once he'd done that there wasn't that much for him to do.

Hopefully we've taken his ideas, the most useful element of his expertise, to get our organisation up and running properly from the Ashley shitshow and we now just need to find the next chappie/chapette to take us forward.

Also, he left in February. We were already in the PSR shitter with him as director.

that probably explained why Ashworth wanted to sell Joelinton. That’s his way to solve the PSR black hole

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not sure where it's come from, but £12 million being floated on Twitter.

That would be very decent. I was thinking it would be more around the £5-7m at best.

7 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Listen, mate. Let me break it down for you. The board's goal, or should I say their crazy dream, is to be the number one team. The chairman himself said it. Remember that episode in "We Are Newcastle"? In the very first episode, Darren explained to the board that there's a strong link between how much we pay our players and where we end up in the league. So, to make sure we reach the top, we'll be pushing the limits of the Profit and Sustainability Rules every year. We're going all in to become NUMBER ONE. Those examples you mentioned, like Spurs and Brighton, won't cut it for us. Our revenue is on the rise, year after year. Now, if this logic doesn't make sense to you, that's fine. But just remember, the club's one and only goal is to be NUMBER ONE, and we'll spend every last penny we can to get there.

How are we going to rapidly increase revenues from here?

How are we going to increase our revenues by £75-£100m per season in the next 3 years? That's what we'll need to do to continue to spend and not sell players.

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

that probably explained why Ashworth wanted to sell Joelinton. That’s his way to solve the PSR black hole

Yeah someone was going to have to be sold. Hopefully, as our revenues have increased a fair bit compared to the first couple of years of PIF, and a year or two of heavy net spending drops off he books, we'll be a bit more comfortable going forward.

55 minutes ago, RS said:

I’m raging about this. Yet again the biggest club in the world flexes it’s might and  minion clubs like us have to bow down to them. 

This will guarantee another season of overarching success for the biggest club in the world.  I mean, how much success does the biggest club in the world want?
Raging etc. 

saving my rage/smirking until I know the details.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

How are we going to rapidly increase revenues from here?

How are we going to increase our revenues by £75-£100m per season in the next 3 years? That's what we'll need to do to continue to spend and not sell players.

Mate, listen. Since PIF took over, our revenue has skyrocketed. Last year alone, we made an extra 70 million, and with the Adidas deal coming in, it's only gonna go up. We gotta trust the board and the club. They've brought in world-class players, and the money's flowing in. Open your eyes and see the facts. Our goal is to be number one, and like any successful person or business will tell you, you gotta take risks to achieve your dreams. We're going for the top, mate.

34 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Good luck Dan, thanks for your work but you could and should have handled your exit better. It’s soured the experience with you and you’ve let the club, fans and your parents down. 

...but the garden is looking fine now! Time to work a few months again.

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You're using big words but the logic isn't coherent.

We do not have the revenues of the clubs you mentioned. We will be hit with points deductions or fire sales if we do not keep tight with expenditure.

I noticed you mentioned that Joelinton may not be irreplaceable. If that is the case, I would like to know who you would suggest as a replacement for him. It would be helpful if the suggested player's salary demands are below 120k per week and their transfer fee is less than 60 million. Please keep in mind that Joelinton is a regular starter for our team and plays a crucial role in our playing style.

2 hours ago, lovejoy said:

Hopefully we can now stop the weird Man Utd obsession on the board.

or we can merge to create either NewMan United or ManCastle United

Edited by Gawalls

2 hours ago, Adam P said:

The idea that we were risking points deductions playing chicken with arbitration strategies for compensation for a staff member is wild for me. When Eales got the job, i doubt he was recounting massive bluff strategies in Vegas as his key selling point.  

If we were (as was seemingly the case) £40m+ behind on PSR and Man U were offering £2m for Ashworth, accepting that rather than holding out for nearer £20m wouldn't seem sensible. That to me is a very sensible game of "chicken" given how little £2m would help us and how greatly £20m would help.

For £2m we might as well not bother as it's not going to move the needle on what we need to achieve.