Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

3 hours ago, Jimburst said:

People with Rice and Mac allister know defensive mids score badly in this game, yes?

You're not supposed to tell them that. 

Both cracking players iyam. :thup:

Edited by ElDiablo

I'm sticking with my team, pretty much. 

I've gone very strong in midfield other than no Salah and decent in defence and midfield. I had Kane practically all season last time but want to try this where I'm happy with pretty much every position and tweak if and when needed.

Hopefully a few cheap gems emerge that allow spreading funds a bit. 

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Trippier overpriced, £6.5m is way too much regardless of last season's performance.

Don’t think he’s overpriced, he scored more than Trent last season who costs 8m. I think our tough schedule to start off the season is what’s putting people off him.

Is Joao Pedro likely to start for Brighton? I've got him and noticed a few others do but Brighton have Ferguson and Welbeck too who can play up front.

Guess he'll play off the striker if he does play

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Is Joao Pedro likely to start for Brighton? I've got him and noticed a few others do but Brighton have Ferguson and Welbeck too who can play up front.

I've got him as my bench forward, I think he'll be rotated at first and play his way in. 

Decent tip I've just picked up on on Twitter - that Turner who went on loan to Forest from Arsenal is likely to start for them in goal. Is only 4m so a cracking option for your bench keeper and apparently rotates quite well with the likes of Pickford, Onana, Steele, Johnstone if you wanted to take them out for their tougher games. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

He's come off the bench pre season mostly I think. I dont think he'll start first game but I reckon he'll end up starting in the not too distant future.

5 hours ago, Interpolic said:

I've got him as my bench forward, I think he'll be rotated at first and play his way in. 

Decent tip I've just picked up on on Twitter - that Turner who went on loan to Forest from Arsenal is likely to start for them in goal. Is only 4m so a cracking option for your bench keeper and apparently rotates quite well with the likes of Pickford, Onana, Steele, Johnstone if you wanted to take them out for their tougher games. 

Turner is on loan or was he sold?  I was looking to sign him, but he’s still listed as an Arsenal player and I already have three.

In general, do loaned players count as members of their parent club?

22 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Turner is on loan or was he sold?  I was looking to sign him, but he’s still listed as an Arsenal player and I already have three.

In general, do loaned players count as members of their parent club?

He's on loan aye, he is listed as a Forest player on mine so maybe check again :thup:

12 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Yeah DMs are bad FPL assets generally, if you want someone for your bench who will start every game and pick up 2-3 points then there are a few options at 4.5-5m.

Rice got 116 last season, I'm happy with a 3 point average from a £5.5m sub midfielder. :)

Once I'm.comfortable enough with who the regular newly-promoted starters are I'll probably end up trading for a £4.5m one from them. Need to find a new Andreas Pereira somehow. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

On 09/08/2023 at 16:53, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Going without Trent was my decision, but it's a big call. 

He's just so much more expensive than everyone else. 

Do you want Estupinan if you're not going to play him at home to Luton? Guess he might end up coming in if he's your first sub.

I ended up doing similar, heres my locked in team:

Screenshot_20230811-084341.png