Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

6 minutes ago, patrone said:

I tried supporter services, who gave conflicting information to what should be a simple query, they usually reply in a few days.

However [email protected] did reply same day

I emailed the individuals in Supporter Services / Liaison directly, on one email.

I got a reply with 24 hrs. Was a cut n paste response but at least I knew my message had made it into their personal inboxes.

Their email addresses are straightforward to work out.

Edited by bobbydazzla

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

[email protected] is the head of Supporter Services.

Although I’m not sure contacting individual people is the way to go unless you have a particularly specific query/complaint.

If you're polite and offer constructive feedback I don't see the issue in contacting individuals, it's their job.

If Greggs had introduced a new system that made it really difficult to get into stores and buy their sausage rolls then I'd fully expect people would contact their Head of Customer Services to express their frustrations.

Or they'd go to Cooplands and buy their sausage rolls there instead.

Which is the issue with football, it's a captive customer base.

Edited by bobbydazzla

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Only season ticket holders can buy aways?

Upto 30% of away allocations have already disappeared before they go on sale to Season ticket holders

Ah yeah, I did forget that aspect. But is that new? 

I guess there was no demand for it when we were terrible so maybe it’s a moot point. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Ah yeah, I did forget that aspect. But is that new? 

I guess there was no demand for it when we were terrible so maybe it’s a moot point. 

Was still some going to players and corporate but not that many.

Just now, Jill said:

Mine came 16 minutes after the email telling me my ballot application was confirmed. :facepalm:

Emails don't get delivered instantly because it triggers spam rules in ISPs etc.  :milner:

But they should've sent this email out days ago to be received by today.  Amateurs.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

The argument is that the ‘type’ of people who are ending up with the tickets has changed. 

It’s an emotive argument because you start getting into the territory of who’s the ‘better’ supporter etc. and who ‘deserves’ a ticket more blah blah

And, I’m not stating any of this as fact because I/we don’t really know exactly what caused the empty seats / different type of supporters at Brighton.

Ah I see what you mean now, cheers.

In which case I’d say that falls into ‘who is the more deserving supporter’ debate, and when both ‘types’ of fan have zero points it’s difficult to complain about you and your mates not getting any because as you say they view themselves as ‘better’ fans.

Edited by jonny1403

28 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Emails don't get delivered instantly because it triggers spam rules in ISPs etc.  :milner:

But they should've sent this email out days ago to be received by today.  Amateurs.

I mean again, while it looks a bit sloppy it makes no difference if you get your email 30 mins after the ballot opens. You have 3 days to apply. 

Just now, jonny1403 said:

I mean again, while it looks a bit sloppy it makes no difference if you get your email 30 mins after the ballot opens. You have 3 days to apply. 

Yes it doesn't make a difference, but it's poor communication again and looks like it was done last minute.

3 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

That doesn’t seem to have changed at all then [emoji38] 

So some people with high points are less likely to sell on their tickets (whereas last season people with no points could get tickets from their high point mates).

And now those with low points are buying tickets just to sell on and boost their points (so those same people with no points can still buy tickets from those people).

So what has changed?

As you say people with low pts can buy to boost their pts total and sell on but with the possibility of ID checks it's not without risk these days.

15 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Aye, it's just bollocks really and not how it should be. 

In the grand scheme of applying in the ballot, it doesn't make any difference, but they still shouldn't be shit at everything regarding ticketing. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know who I would contact with an issue with my membership ? It’s saying I don’t have one despite the money coming out for it ?

If it’s feasible you’re best off calling into the box office. Trying to get through on the phone seems a thankless task.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know who I would contact with an issue with my membership ? It’s saying I don’t have one despite the money coming out for it ?

Email supporter services or, if you think you're very very important, email some poor cunt direct. 

Try snitch tagging Amanda and/or Mergdhad on twitter as well, while you're at it ?

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Even if I wanted to sit in the family area with my lad I couldn't as it says you can only apply for a maximum of one ticket in that area.

Is he supposed to sit up there on his tod? :lol: 

It just means one per person 

I’ve applied for 4 (all went through fine)

all linked memberships 

me / mrs (adults) 

One child , One youth in 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Over the phone, lady was really helpful and sorted it within ten minutes. 

I, being a cock, messed up our memberships so that they ended up both being in my name (one having the wife's name as my middle name ?) and both using two of my emails with my name in them. 

Just in case this looked problematic I emailed (supporter services) 

Day later I got a nice email from a, no doubt, overworked member of the team, saying that she'd sorted it. 

I didn't think she had but, when the actual digital members cards, discovered it's all tickety-boo (excuse the pun) both in our separate names etc etc

Really good service. Balloting process seems decent as well. Notwithstanding the, shortness of notice. 

Anyone knows how strict the new system is? I try to attend a game every season travelling from Scandinavia. Buying from third party pages has been done a few time to make planning easier but now is seems so hard just to get a ticket. The prices has gone up and you could even risk not getting in without a secure ticket.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-urges-fans-to-avoid-unauthorised-ticket-resellers/

What could you do?

Edited by Nehe

2 minutes ago, Nehe said:

Anyone knows how strict the new system is? I try to attend a game every season travelling from Scandinavia. Buying from third party pages has been done a few time to make planning easier but now is seems so hard just to get a ticket. The prices has gone up and you could even risk not getting in without a secure ticket.

What should you do?

Never bought from a third party before but tbh it isn’t that strict really. For example, if I applied for a ticket in the ballot and got one, I could simply forward the email with the digital ticket to you, who then adds it to your Apple/Google Wallet. 

Don’t see how it protects against touting either, because you can (apparently) have the ticket on many devices. It will only work once though at the turnstile. 

40 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Never bought from a third party before but tbh it isn’t that strict really. For example, if I applied for a ticket in the ballot and got one, I could simply forward the email with the digital ticket to you, who then adds it to your Apple/Google Wallet. 

Don’t see how it protects against touting either, because you can (apparently) have the ticket on many devices. It will only work once though at the turnstile. 

Since the club says "Any tickets purchased from third party sites will not be valid and will therefore not work at the St. James' park turnstiles". It does not feel that safe.

6 hours ago, Nehe said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-urges-fans-to-avoid-unauthorised-ticket-resellers/

What could you do?

Been to two home games not been asked for ID yet or seen anyone asked.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Been to two home games not been asked for ID yet or seen anyone asked.

I don’t think there are any checks at home games as such. Just might get stopped if you look the wrong age for the ticket you’re using. But even then I think it’s unlikely.