Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

The reality is it is impossible to generalise about who is most loyal. I have been going to matches for fifty years and had a season ticket for the last thirty (1992/93 - when it became obvious that you would need one to guarantee getting in). The number of good seasons in all that will probably be somewhere between 20 and 25% so a lot of other ST holders would have given up at some point. Does that make me any more loyal than other fans, no, I don’t think so but I don’t think it makes me somehow privileged either.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Very good post. 

No system is perfect but I’ve always been of the belief that last years system was by and large the best one so no need to chuck the baby out with the bath water which the club has decided to do.

Would’ve been interesting if this was always going to be the plan or an overreaction from the loud minority.

I would’ve made small adjustments like each game the sale time was a different time and day. So rotating as the season went on between morning, evening, weekdays and weekends. That and updating the software to only allow the single login as opposed to multiple browsers. Then finally once you were through the queue I would’ve made the seat selection and assigning your memberships to them a lot more clearer and streamlined.

Give all that 12 months and have some diagnostics running so the club could learn what is going on and needed going forward.

Id be very surprised if anyone on here would prefer the current system to the one I’ve suggested.

The system isn’t the issue. The fact they haven’t called memberships is. Wether it be the Ballot or the 10am random queue (a ballot in all but name) the fact is it’s random and the reason people are missing out is the numbers of people entering. The only difference is people could cheat the system with the 10am queue by having multiple browsers 

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

True for many. I just wanted Ashley Out.

yeah i know.

a few of my mates did.

i only stayed because the kids really wanted to and my eldest said we'll never get our tickets back if we get taken over.

36 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'm not being funny but was the gall bladder operation an emergency or did he have prior notice? Elective surgery? 

Only asking because I would of thought erring on the side of caution after an operation like that and not thinking he could attend a football match 10 (?) days later would be the realistic thing 🤔 no matter where the tickets are for. 

Wish him well and advise him to steer clear of spicy food for a good while. She's had some agonising nights after dabbling a tad. 

Admire his positivism mind. 

Mrs G was in agony for ages. Had a cracking surgeon too. 

As a separate issue we balloted, and got, 2 x "Cat2" tickets and I fully expect them to be level 7

Was an emergency one, don't know too much other than that.

The club have fucked up ticketing so much it'd be hilarious if it wasn't a disgrace.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

And don’t forget to mention that from Oct 2021 to Aug 2023 Bobby Dazzla bought a ticket to every game and was usually in Strawberry Corner putting his full support behind the team, even in the days when relegation looked a certainty.

He’s also a former season ticket holder, went to away games in both top flight and 2nd tier and was at 1999 & 2023 cup finals. He’s supported the club for 35 years and stopped going to the match as a protest against the Ashley regime.

Joe Bloggs just likes to take selfies at big events and post them on Instagram.

I get you are pissed off but a lot of generalising going on here. Some fans might be getting to games for the first time and absolutely buzzing about it or maybe people work most Saturdays but finally get a weekend or two off and want to go. As I say I 100% get your frustration. 

As I said the other day memberships are a relatively new thing 10 years or so. If the club didn’t see any revenue in it they wouldn’t have it and you’d be in a general sale queue with thousands of others regardless of how many games you’ve been it. That’s the reality of it. Season ticket holders are priority and the rest it’s a free for all. It’s been like they since time began 

It's the first match of the season and they have shown willingness to listen to feedback. Mistakes will be made. Hopefully they will learn and improve. But also, we've been talking about growth for two years now. It's not going to be a closed shop where only 20+ year ultras get tickets and no-one else does. There is no way to do this that will please everyone.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Got two Category 2 tickets in the ballot. I'm in Level 7 next to the away fans [emoji38]

I wish I hadn't bothered.

:anguish:

Cannae believe they’re charging Gallowgate prices to sit in L7.

29 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was an emergency one, don't know too much other than that.

The club have fucked up ticketing so much it'd be hilarious if it wasn't a disgrace.

Said before that I understand people being miffed but your pal's unfortunate medical emergency isn't relevant here. 

How's the club meant to accommodate people who've had debilitating surgery after a ballot ffs. 

I mean people can make their point but some of the argument being put forward here are laughable. 

People just need to stand by their conviction that they're way more worthy than some other people and not throw dead cats at it. 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Said before that I understand people being miffed but your pal's unfortunate medical emergency isn't relevant here. 

How's the club meant to accommodate people who've had debilitating surgery after a ballot ffs. 

I mean people can make their point but some of the argument being put forward here are laughable. 

People just need to stand by their conviction that they're way more worthy than some other people and not throw dead cats at it. 

Well one or two such changes could be they actually allow the ticket to be transferred or sold back to the club? 

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

There should surely be an official means to transfer your ticket in the event of an emergency, like. I don't think there's anything particularly outlandish about that. 

In the same boat as many, entered ballot for category 2 assuming it was Gallowgate or Leazes (as per the seat map).

Been allocated back row of level 7 next to away fans.

Now, I wouldn’t be that bothered if I’d paid (or pre-agreed) £20/£25 but £44 for those seats is a joke, shite from the club and needs sorted asap. To my knowledge, Level 7 has never been the same price as Gallowgate or Leazes since it’s been built.

I thought it was the family section anyway?! I’m going by myself with no kid in tow. 

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

There should surely be an official means to transfer your ticket in the event of an emergency, like. I don't think there's anything particularly outlandish about that. 

Absolutely and I'm certain the club will tweak things going forward. 

40 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

It's the first match of the season and they have shown willingness to listen to feedback. Mistakes will be made. Hopefully they will learn and improve. But also, we've been talking about growth for two years now. It's not going to be a closed shop where only 20+ year ultras get tickets and no-one else does. There is no way to do this that will please everyone.

Basically agree.

I would’ve liked to see some loyalty element, but I might’ve ended up still not getting in. 

Also don’t think random seats is acceptable, so the system has to include some choice. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I think you’ve got too caught up in the specific issue of Haydn’s mates gall bladder.

He’s just used it as an illustration of the principle of allocated seats being unsuitable for some people

It could equally have be an 80 year old with a dodgy hip and bad eyesight being lobbed in level 7, it could be a 6 year old being scared shitless amongst the radgies in Strawberry Corner and so on and so on

Thats the point that‘s being made 

Theres already unhappy people who are posting in here who were successful in the ballot, but been given seats they would never have chosen to pay £44 for 

This isn’t not about loyalty, or working hours, or gall bladders, or entitlement 

Its about people attending an event in a stadium being able to select an available seat that suits their personal preferences and budget 

Which is standard industry practice 

Edited by bobbydazzla

So not only is this new ticketing system a fiasco but the map that showed the categories was also out of date, meaning that Level 7 wasnt entirely the family section and some poor sods will now end up there when they at least thought they would be in the Leazes or Gallowgate. Lovely stuff.

If they have anything about them, then the club will be making sure that fans get to choose their own seat for the Liverpool match & onwards.

Edited by Wandy

43 minutes ago, gdm said:

As I said the other day memberships are a relatively new thing 10 years or so. 

That's not right to be fair, membership was a thing pre Ashley.

Not that it matters now like, but they've been a thing for years.

9 minutes ago, Fenham Mag said:

Now, I wouldn’t be that bothered if I’d paid (or pre-agreed) £20/£25 but £44 for those seats is a joke, shite from the club and needs sorted asap. To my knowledge, Level 7 has never been the same price as Gallowgate or Leazes since it’s been built.

Quite amazing really how selective the Club’s memory is when it suits them isn’t it?

”We’ve never had membership loyalty points so we won’t introduce them now!”

”We’ve never had back row of Leazes as the same price as Category 2 Leazes or Gallowgate. But we will introduce that now!”

Regardless of people’ views on this current back and forth.

If we don’t agree and stand up to together to certain things now, the Club will never have to listen on these matters in future. I do think it is important tbh.