NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

I'm genuinely relieved to see Sandro look so relaxed and almost confident to have a laugh around the lads.

For a long time he looked like the proper new kid at school. Hopefully this somehow translates next season. I'm not a psychologist, I couldn't tell you what a difference it makes but it feels important.

Also, Anderson seems quite a steely character. It's weird how people grow and perceptions change. Always had him as a shy lad but looks like he has a bit snap.

On the other hand Hall, Dummett, Murphy and Bruno are exactly as I thought.

28 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm genuinely relieved to see Sandro look so relaxed and almost confident to have a laugh around the lads.

For a long time he looked like the proper new kid at school. Hopefully this somehow translates next season. I'm not a psychologist, I couldn't tell you what a difference it makes but it feels important.

Also, Anderson seems quite a steely character. It's weird how people grow and perceptions change. Always had him as a shy lad but looks like he has a bit snap.

On the other hand Hall, Dummett, Murphy and Bruno are exactly as I thought.

loved Murph taking the piss out of Pauly D's accent.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bruno would’ve had his arrows taken off him in every CIU club on Tyneside, the mad fucker :) 

Would never have got in to start with, unless he's affiliated.

Throw him out, throw him out.

That Linzi lass is starting her woe me attitude.

An investigation found that she said ‘Trans people wanted to make gay people go away’ and that ‘many of them were just suffering from mental illness’.

Aye fair enough she may not have crossed a legal line, and only got close to it, but the club has the right and obligation to protect people from her in the stadium if they believe that she poses a threat.

Maybe don’t have a social media account that is built around you being a fan of a particular club, and start getting into controversial topics, and saying what others might find offensive.

Edited by Stifler

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

That Linzi lass is starting her woe me attitude.

An investigation found that she said ‘Trans people wanted to make gay people go away’ and that ‘many of them were just suffering from mental illness’.

Aye fair enough you she may not have crossed a legal line, and only got close to it, but the club has the right and obligation to protect people from her in the stadium if they believe that she poses a threat.

Maybe don’t have a social media account that is built around you being a fan or a particular club, and start getting into controversial topics and saying what others might find offensive.

The whole shtick of “I’m a private citizen I should be allowed to say what I want! Free speech!” not equating to Newcastle are a private business with rules clearly stated so therefore they can do what they want is funny

Brain dead and of course all the right wing nonsense accounts have jumped on board. Toby Young man [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

The whole shtick of “I’m a private citizen I should be allowed to say what I want! Free speech!” not equating to Newcastle are a private business with rules clearly stated so therefore they can do what they want is funny

Brain dead and of course all the right wing nonsense accounts have jumped on board. Toby Young man [emoji38]

Fucking thick as fuck.

They have seen people on Twitter banned from their clubs for ‘banter’, and others such as the Sheffield Wednesday fans having criminal convictions for mocking the death of Bradley Lowery.

They still keep spouting this crap though. Even if you do have those views, and you must say it, at least put it behind a different account.

I guess it goes along with their ‘You can’t say anything these days without being arrested’, just like the ‘You can get arrested for speaking English these days’ mantra.

Aye, I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve been arresting for simply saying ‘Good morning’.

You would have thought that a lesbian women who grew up in Newcastle would have a bit of compassion for others who are persecuted in society for being who they are.

Edited by Stifler

If Toby Young is in your corner, you’re definitely in the wrong fucking corner

It is just tiresome.  The ‘free speech’ bellends.

The UK doesn’t have unfettered ‘free speech’; it never has.  I’m perfectly fine with this - speech has consequences.  

And the idea that you should just be able to say what you want, where you want - fucking hell, of course you shouldn’t be able to.

The whole ‘free speech’ video with her and Toby Young - ‘what you said wasn’t hate speech, you just said that you think trans women are men’.  It’s hate speech, you stupid cunts.  You’re dehumanising a marginalised minority.  Twitter isn’t private, you’re on a public forum, and ‘free speech’ isn’t a defence - they’re not hacking your emails.  You put this shite up.  You don’t have a human right to be able to attend a football match.  

edit: if anyone is curious, here’s some of what she wrote.  The Nazi statement would be potentially actionable if aimed at an individual (and describing being transgender as an ‘ideology’ … fucking hell); accusing trans people of being predatory paedophiles (‘groomers’); and describing being trans as a ‘mental illness’.  She’s a nasty cunt. 

IMG_7536.thumb.jpeg.dbf2e313e699ebbf20bce4c6879c9fdd.jpeg

Edited by TheBrownBottle

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

you just said that you think trans women are men’.  It’s hate speech, you stupid cunts

No it's a protected belief under the Equality Act and she has been discriminated against for that belief. She will have an army of very experienced lawyers throwing themselves at her wanting to take her case and she will win.

Hate speech is a legal term in this country, and I don’t think the things she tweeted come close to meeting that definition. 

While I empathise with the instinct to say “who cares, she’s prejudiced in my opinion”, I don’t really want NUFC or the Premier League to engage in extrajudicial policing of what political opinions can and can’t be publicly expressed by fans. 

Or if they are going to engage in extrajudicial policing of speech, I’d like them to be extremely transparent about it in terms of what can and can’t be expressed. I’m sure I hold a number of views that are contrary to the values of our owners. 

Just now, Wullie said:

No it's a protected belief under the Equality Act and she has been discriminated against for that belief. She will have an army of very experienced lawyers throwing themselves at her wanting to take her case and she will win.

I posted what she actually wrote in the edit.  She’s not been banned for writing ‘trans women are men’.  Young was being disingenuous (as fucking per usual)

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

Hate speech is a legal term in this country, and I don’t think the things she tweeted come close to meeting that definition. 

While I empathise with the instinct to say “who cares, she’s prejudiced in my opinion”, I don’t really want NUFC or the Premier League to engage in extrajudicial policing of what political opinions can and can’t be publicly expressed by fans. 

Or if they are going to engage in extrajudicial policing of speech, I’d like them to be extremely transparent about it in terms of what can and can’t be expressed. I’m sure I hold a number of views that are contrary to the values of our owners. 

How so?  How about if I write:

’all gay people are predatory paedophiles’.  Is that hate speech?   Or how about ‘all Jews are predatory paedophiles’.  Or perhaps ‘all black people are predatory paedophiles’.  That’s not hate speech?