James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, andyc35i said:

It’s probably only me here who thinks that he’d be a waste of money. Obviously he’s a good player, but I’d be aiming higher than him if we are going to be spending more than £40m

There aren’t many higher than him in the PL for output, and if there were they’d be £70m plus.

It's guaranteed goals & assists in the PL, he's a good age to grow with the team. No idea how it would be a waste of money. And what is higher than him that is attainable? I even have my doubts about Maddison's attainability. And don't say Paqueta, this fanbase's obsession with him is borderline unhealthy. :lol:

38 minutes ago, toontownman said:

40m is reasonable for him. 50m would get him imo. He isn't worth 60m I don't think.

I think he is worth £60m tbh, but if he's got only two years left on his contract, Leicester aren't getting that much. £45-50m should do it.

If we're aiming to get 20 extra goals/assists this way from an attacking CM position, we might be happy enough to go with Almiron and Fraser for one more season on the right. We get the increase in numbers a different way but keeping that high press and workrate on the right. If they're completely shite, we've got the flexibility of being able to move Maddison out there and bringing in Willock/Anderson/Shelvey/Longstaff into midfield. Would be a huge signing.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

The only hesitation I have about him is his character/ attitude. I’ve seen others mention he comes across as a bit of a tool, do you think he’d be disruptive? 

1 minute ago, LV said:

The only hesitation I have about him is his character/ attitude. I’ve seen others mention he comes across as a bit of a tool, do you think he’d be disruptive? 

He comes across as a tool the same way that Craig Bellamy did. Pain in the arse to opposition fans, but amazing if he’s yours.

Is Maddison's personality really a concern? I know from an opposition fan perspective he can be a bellend on-pitch but I don't remember hearing anything negative about him from a general personality/workrate perspective?

21 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There aren’t many higher than him in the PL for output, and if there were they’d be £70m plus.

Fair point, but I just don’t think he is what the team needs right now. We need to get the forward line sorted first and get some more pace out wide and centrally. He’d work well in the centre of a midfield three, but in my opinion, it’s more important to get the players around someone like a Maddison first 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He comes across as a tool the same way that Craig Bellamy did. Pain in the arse to opposition fans, but amazing if he’s yours.

Watching the Burnley game last night and had a little chuckle at Bellamy advising Kompany on the touchline ?

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Fair point, but I just don’t think he is what the team needs right now. We need to get the forward line sorted first and get some more pace out wide and centrally. He’d work well in the centre of a midfield three, but in my opinion, it’s more important to get the players around someone like a Maddison first 

It really depends on your outlook. Maxi, Miggy and Fraser are a pretty rapid set of options out wide. If we can add a Cornet or (hopefully) Diaby, then that would be perfect, but I think adding someone of Maddison’s quality would be game changing. All of a sudden out midfield three is on par with most of the best teams in the league.

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Personally think he seems very down to earth and affable in interviews and stuff but he's a shithouse on the pitch who naturally people will hate when they're playing against you. Didn't help that he seems to always score against us plus throw in his social media stuff and plenty will naturally then hate him. :lol:

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Do we think a midfield 3 of Joelinton - Bruno - Maddison works?

Think it would but it would mean dropping Bruno deeper and further away from the opposition's goal which is a right shame given how quality he's been.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think it would but it would mean dropping Bruno deeper and further away from the opposition's goal which is a right shame given how quality he's been.

Not really. Bruno played from deep in most of his best games last year. He’ll still pop up in the box.