James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Jacobs is a Leicester fan, no? And actually decently connected on that front?

Yep ?? 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t really notice him against Malta, didn’t play against North Macedonia.  

Worrying… ?

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think Southgate will ever use Maddison as a key player. For similar reasons that I’m not sure what plan Howe has for him. 

Both have better players at their disposal potentially? ?‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Release clause works both ways though doesn’t it? If nobody is willing to pay it, then he’s not worth the money. Some may be willing to pay under that. No one is going to go over that.

I wonder if the Price of Football uni course teaches the ManU masterclass on this subject.

4 hours ago, jack j said:

Lost any credibility he had with me with his Joao Pedro Here we go

This is one of my pet hates on this forum, just behind exotic animal and 'why do people like London?' debates.

You can hate the 'here we go' but he wasn't making things up. The info was accurate at the time and coming from the agent / player side. We were getting Pedro and then Isak became an option and we went that way instead.

Would be interesting tactic if they just kept him to get back up. Currently Norwich City get £15m approximately of the deal so minus that it might be worth the gamble ??‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Would be interesting tactic if they just kept him to get back up. Currently Norwich City get £15m approximately of the deal so minus that it might be worth the gamble ??‍♂️ 

Have a feeling he'd refuse to play.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think Southgate will ever use Maddison as a key player. For similar reasons that I’m not sure what plan Howe has for him. 

I don’t even think Southgate wanted to take him to the World Cup, it was that Maddison was playing that well that it was harder to justify not taking him than including him.

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Would be incredibly spiteful that :lol:

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Why?

To force someone who’s played for you a decent time, been class, helped the club as much as possible to stay and play in the championship because you agreed a sell-on clause to his previous club? 

Assuming he wants to leave. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

To force someone who’s played for you a decent time, been class, helped the club as much as possible to stay and play in the championship because you agreed a sell-on clause to his previous club? 

If they can’t get the fee they want/need then he’s their player. He’s not playing for free and he’s the option of a longer contract. They’ve made him a multimillionaire already. They could be in dire trouble if they don’t come straight back up as they are in a sticky spot already. 

A football club and all its staff surely fair priority to a single footballer surely?

I think it’s fair to sell someone if they’ve been a great servant and are clearly way too good for the league you’re in. And you can get a decent fee in. 

Of course you don’t literally have to. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it’s fair to sell someone if they’ve been a great servant and are clearly way too good for the league you’re in. And you can get a decent fee in. 

Of course you don’t literally have to. 

And that’s what they are trying to do. Wouldn’t be surprised if our valuation has dropped way down similar but not quite as low as Spurs £50m for him and Barnes. Certainly should be if we are smart which I believe we are.

Man City. Arsenal. Liverpool. Chelsea don’t look in the race nor do Brighton. Villa haven’t been linked at all. So where is he going?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Reading the comments from this Tweet and it’s like home from home ?

Common case of shiny object syndrome? No, how about just simply watching a 21-22 year old attacking mid who can press, create, and score? FFS