James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

I know he's missed a few games this season. Is it persistent?

2 or more knee problems this season iirc so slightly concerning.

Watched a bit of the Slob tonight but nothing to report really. Kept it relatively simple most of the time. He’s clearly more of an athlete. Surprised he’s the international captain now. Looks more two footed than Maddison but predominantly right. Was surprised also he played most of what I watched on the left wing.

FWIW Maddison's G+A per 90 is higher than Isak's (0.69 to 0.65) which should put into perspective how dangerous he is.

Isak should only get better, but people are massively underrating Maddison like. Given how often we get the ball into the opposition box, and how many fouls we draw, he should be made for us too. I'm going to stop sucking him off now though as it's getting a bit embarrassing.

2 hours ago, McDog said:

I would imagine Leicester hope to get a bidding war between Spurs and Newcastle but it seems like they are not exactly in a position on strength. Assuming neither Spurs or Mags do something daft, the price has to come down and he'll have to choose.

Agree and he will pick Newcastle and Champions League. I don't think anyone is saying Maddison is not worth £50m. In fact we tried to buy him for that last year.  But last year was last year, and he now has only a year left on a contract with a relegated team.   Let's just hope Leicester don't drag this out last year like they did with Fofana to Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Agree and he will pick Newcastle and Champions League. I don't think anyone is saying Maddison is not worth £50m. In fact we tried to buy him for that last year.  But last year was last year, and he now has only a year left on a contract with a relegated team.   Let's just hope Leicester don't drag this out last year like they did with Fofana to Chelsea.

Obviously all just reported figures but we pulled out at £40-45m last summer. Spurs being interested means Leicester will be hopeful of getting close to their asking price to cover the 15% sell on clause but if either of us drop out then the price could drop as low as £25-30m easily. As cheeky as it was Levy knows what he’s doing with the dual bid approach. I honestly they have the nod on players preference but he’s not ruling us out as you’d expect and we are possibly repositioning on our list of targets for that position as if price drops that much we could do that deal along with another. Like every journalist reports all the deals have these constant moving parts but only when aligned they move and move quickly.

36 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

People are picking at the price of Maddison because he has a year left and because his team just got relegated. 

Im pretty sure you remove those factors and nobody quibbles about the price. 

But his team being relegated and the contract having a year to run do factor into it - as does the lack of big name suitors at present.  In six months he can talk to clubs about leaving for nowt. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

But his team being relegated and the contract having a year to run do factor into it - as does the lack of big name suitors at present.  In six months he can talk to clubs about leaving for nowt. 

It's a factor if Leicester think £25-30m isn't worth taking for what they could buy with it, though.

Keep him for a year, get promoted and they're better off having the PL money back.

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Maddison is definitely worth £50m in todays market like. If Declan Rice is going for £100m+

I have a feeling the dark horse in the Maddison situation is Man City depending on the Gundogan/Bernardo situation.

Arsenal/Man U don't need Maddison, and Chelsea is a shit show. I think there is too much flux at Liverpool (new midfield trying to accommodate TAA) and Tottenham to make them sensible destinations for him at this time.

5 hours ago, cubaricho said:

This is an absolutely insane take brother. :lol: 

How though? It's quite easy to make the argument with his stats alone.

I love Bruno and Isak and I think the latter especially will get better and better, but Maddison is up there with them.

51 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

How though? It's quite easy to make the argument with his stats alone.

I love Bruno and Isak and I think the latter especially will get better and better, but Maddison is up there with them.

Nah, it’s not though. 

It’s alright man. Isak and Bruno have more talent in their pinkies than Maddison. 

He’s good but not that good. Not 50m good. 

36 minutes ago, duo said:

Would anyone care if we bought him for £50mil?  I'd just been happy if we signed him - without a doubt he'd improve us.

Yes. 

I very much would love to have him in the squad and I totally think he’d improve us, but FFP is very real and 50 is very too real.