James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

Fuck me, fill the bath and pass the razor blades.

I’m as optimistic about our club right now as anyone and I’m relaxed about the transfer window, but it staggers me since our amazing season that fans in general just dismiss the likes of Spurs when the reality is they are a top club and one we need to not just better over a season, but every season. I fancy them to have a good season if they get behind their manager on the stands and he gets to mould the team the way he wants. Of the so-called top 6 if I was a Man Utd fan I’d worry the most as they are still a mess and need another massive spend to rectify previous massive spend mistakes. They hardly have any players that they can cash in on massively ether. The ones they do like Rashford and Fernandes, they have to keep. Plus they have their takeover saga.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’d sign Maddison and play him right wing?  Has he played right wing?  It actually feels like a waste of a creative midfielder tbh

It’s only RW on paper, we all know Almiron doesn’t play on the touch line he is much more inverted with Trippier giving the width. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, but there's also the option to sign players at the same level of the ones we have, or even backup. 

Guess it'll be a combination of both. 

Is there though with our reported budget and EH insistence on a small turnover and integration process each window? (One I fully endorse). If we do they will be young and relatively cheap IMO if the right two come up. I doubt they’d be fully established players for want of a better phrase.

Our first window under EH was an absolute necessity due to circumstance but I think the windows we’ve had since are more indicative of the pace of how we will evolve as a squad.

All this talk of 5-6 new signings for the 1st team/squad (not yourself) are misguided personally but appreciate I’m there to be made a fool of as window has barely opened.

1 minute ago, Max Cherry said:

Apparently Rob Dorsett has been on SSN this morning saying he thinks Maddison will end up at Newcastle? Can't confirm but someone just messaged me saying that. 

Saw the clip on Twitter. Basically runs through all the options and says based on Spurs being tight it’ll end up being us for c£50m.

18 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Apparently Rob Dorsett has been on SSN this morning saying he thinks Maddison will end up at Newcastle? Can't confirm but someone just messaged me saying that. 

I know rumour coming out of the England camp was that he would prefer a move to London, but this may end up not meaning much if: 

A) He is also happy about the idea of play for us as...

B) Spurs are unwilling to pay more than we are for him. 

I know we're trying to be cautious, but there's zero chance Levy will sanction spending even 40m on a player out of contract in 12 months. 

3 hours ago, Tiburon said:

I find those fans who consider ourselves a better option for any player over Spurs quite baffling really and bordering on stupidity when all we have over them right now is one better season and a better manager.

History is filled with players that left or turned down more established clubs (in recent times) to go to one that not only looked to have a brighter future but with a brighter season behind them. Its absurd, arrogant even to say its stupid when its at the very least as reasonable as the counter arguement.

When money was more even it was probably the defining factor in a players decision. Its pretty much how we got everybody we got during the Keegan era - the promise of what was to come built on what had already been laid down. Little would change otherwise.

Edited by Jonas

9 hours ago, Jonas said:

Would be more fun to just stick with Leicester than go there.

8 hours ago, Jaqen said:

He's better of playing in the Championship? [emoji38]

Not what was said.

Getting booed off every other week because the club has peaked and now finising 5th or 6th which is arguably the best they can hope for for the forseeable wont please the fans as opposed to potentially having a blast in the championship. Spurs, including Leicester and Leeds, even Everton looked the most miserable place to be last season.