James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, JP said:

Must be looking at the Tonali business and thinking wow, he could play at 10 in front of Tonali and Bruno or inverted right winger with the two afore-mentioned plus Joelinton.

Or he could go Spurs to play with Skipp and Hjoberg :)

But he’ll be closer to the West End to buy him and the missus diamond encrusted Gucci onesies.

17 hours ago, Skeletor said:

If we're doing all our shopping in Italy...

Repeating myself like, but he was my dream signing when the takeover happened. It would be amazing to see him back to his best, but it's hard to imagine he can after his injury problems.

Just now, Shak said:

More the reactions than the words but I should have seen the issue with the GIF, aye :lol:

:lol: That scene is so unintentionally funny like. I proper burst out laughing the first time I saw it. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The article implies that buying Tonali effectively rules out buying Maddison, as that’s the money spent on midfield.  Reads like guesswork to me. 

Yeah weird take. We are after a AM also

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The article implies that buying Tonali effectively rules out buying Maddison, as that’s the money spent on midfield.  Reads like guesswork to me. 

They said the same on sky sports news transfer round up earlier on, that we can’t afford what Leicester want but might move again towards the end of the window if they are prepared to drastically reduce the price or we sell someone.

All guesswork.

13 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

They said the same on sky sports news transfer round up earlier on, that we can’t afford what Leicester want but might move again towards the end of the window if they are prepared to drastically reduce the price or we sell someone.

All guesswork.

Can't or won't? I can afford a tenner for a cup of tea but I'm fucked if I'm paying that much.

8 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

TransferChecker belongs in the Twitter Nonsense thread.

I mean the name even cries out 'I'm a cock and I have no idea other than what i read elsewhere'

100% something that Burnsie knob would come up with.

46 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

All guesswork.

Yeah, saw/heard that, and they were linking it to FFP, saying with the Tonali bid, we coudln;t now buy Maddison at his current price due to FFP, unless Leicester reduce their asking price or we manage to sell a couple of players.

I dont claim to understand all the FFP ins/outs, but is it really that close, or could we buy/spend what we want, but arrange the contacts (longer terms) in a way to minimise the effect, much like Chel$ea have?

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah, saw/heard that, and they were linking it to FFP, saying with the Tonali bid, we coudln;t now buy Maddison at his current price due to FFP, unless Leicester reduce their asking price or we manage to sell a couple of players.

I dont claim to understand all the FFP ins/outs, but is it really that close, or could we buy/spend what we want, but arrange the contacts (longer terms) in a way to minimise the effect, much like Chel$ea have?

Chelsea having hundreds of millions more income than us was probably a bigger factor in allowing them to do what they’ve done.

Not even signed Tonali yet and they're coming out with the old we've got nowt left shite

Will they ever learn these fuckers. Even if they're being fed it by sources they should realise they just look like fools time after time

We need 3 or 4 players. We aren't spunking 65 million on one if we've got nowt left after it

Edited by jack j

23 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

We’re definitely close to the edge on FFP, but most of those who’ve done the sums would say that there would be c.£50m after Tonali signs without starting to sweat too bad

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re definitely close to the edge on FFP, but most of those who’ve done the sums would say that there would be c.£50m after Tonali signs without starting to sweat too bad

Any proof we are close to the edge?