Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

By all accounts Leicester actively want to sell Tielemans. They don’t want to sell Maddison. 

Well it's always easier to buy a player the club wants to sell, even with a fairly straightforward proposition Man U seem to be dicking about with the Tielemans bid. It's obvious there is always some amount of horse trading going on with these transfers, it's not just us.

Just now, TRon said:

Well it's always easier to buy a player the club wants to sell, even with a fairly straightforward proposition Man U seem to be dicking about with the Tielemans bid. It's obvious there is always some amount of horse trading going on with these transfers, it's not just us.

Tbf Manchester United are a complete shambles. 

I think dicking around on a transfer makes sense for buying clubs if the selling club actively wants to sell. Because they might get desperate and take a lower price than ideal. 

The clubs looking to do 2+ Big deals at this point are the ones with the questionable transfer approaches (excluding selling clubs and recent injuries). Man Utd, Chelsea, Forest…. Us.  

Still think we should just pay the extra for Maddison and be done with it :lol:. He’ll be in the team for years, sod the effect on future spending. Give them Dubs too.

Edited by Smal

4 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I know one thing ... I'm booking deadline day off 

I know we seem to be leaving things till later in the window, but I do still think we will have our business done before then. Maybe a loan will come in on deadline day, but even doubt that. 

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Also - if my understanding of our FFP situation and transfer policy is correct. We'll not bid £50m unless we panic and do something against our general policy.

Same thing with Harrison.. I think £38-40m would seal it. But we wouldn't go that high.

We have the ability to spend around £300m more on transfer fees without FFP being an issue this season.

That drops to £100m if projecting to 23/24 with the assumption of no revenue growth from when Ashley was owner. The reality is our revenue will have increased since then and will dramatically increase over the next two seasons.

I think we are not meeting valuations because, rightly or wrongly, our owners will not pay what they feel does not represent good value (Wood aside) and I think we're trying to change the view in the football world that we have unlimited money to spend.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I know we seem to be leaving things till later in the window, but I do still think we will have our business done before then. Maybe a loan will come in on deadline day, but even doubt that. 

I'm hoping our deals are done before then.. but a little bit of me hopes we have a deadline day banger.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbf Manchester United are a complete shambles. 

I think dicking around on a transfer makes sense for buying clubs if the selling club actively wants to sell. Because they might get desperate and take a lower price than ideal. 

The clubs looking to do 2+ Big deals at this point are the ones with the questionable transfer approaches (excluding selling clubs and recent injuries). Man Utd, Chelsea, Forest…. Us.  

You may be right but we'll only really know that on deadline day. I don't think we've lost any players we really wanted due to haggling, if the Ramos stuff is correct, we are upping our bids to ward off interest from Everton and Wolves. Seems like those guys we really want, such as Botman, we will go above most other teams when push comes to shove.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

That drops to £100m if projecting to 23/24 with the assumption of no revenue growth from when Ashley was owner. The reality is our revenue will have increased since then and will dramatically increase over the next two seasons.

Really don't think the current owners, or any responsible owners, are the type to spend money on the assumption of a dramatic increase in revenue until there's at least some clear evidence for it. Like, we know Fun88 are off at the end of the season, so it's more than reasonable to suggest that shirt sponsorship revenue will increase (likely dramatically) from next year. But they don't know that for sure, and they don't yet know what the actual increase could be.

Literally anything could happen. Say there is another 'Khashoggi' type incident in April, or things in Yemen get dramatically worse. Whether it actually should or shouldn't, I think there's no question that would make major brands reluctant to associate with us. And now the rules have changed on related sponsors, we can't pull the City trick of just sticking Saudi Air (or Golf, or whatever) on the front of our tops for £40m a season without it causing a huge stink. 

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Also - if my understanding of our FFP situation and transfer policy is correct. We'll not bid £50m unless we panic and do something against our general policy.

Same thing with Harrison.. I think £38-40m would seal it. But we wouldn't go that high.

Look at the FFP police over here.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ramos and Pedro signed permanently with Gallagher on loan would be excellent.

Something like this has to be what we're gunning for. Sixth is there for the taking this season.

I don't think it's wrong of people to have this sort of hope for the conclusion of the window, because we clearly haven't done enough yet. The people running the show will know that, though, it's not like the old days.

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Really don't think the current owners, or any responsible owners, are the type to spend money on the assumption of a dramatic increase in revenue until there's at least some clear evidence for it. Like, we know Fun88 are off at the end of the season, so it's more than reasonable to suggest that shirt sponsorship revenue will increase (likely dramatically) from next year. But they don't know that for sure, and they don't yet know what the actual increase could be.

Literally anything could happen. Say there is another 'Khashoggi' type incident in April, or things in Yemen get dramatically worse. Whether it actually should or shouldn't, I think there's no question that would make major brands reluctant to associate with us. And now the rules have changed on related sponsors, we can't pull the City trick of just sticking Saudi Air (or Golf, or whatever) on the front of our tops for £40m a season without it causing a huge stink. 

Yes we can, and we will, we've already got Saudi Amazon on the sleeve for a reported £7m per season.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Something like this has to be what we're gunning for. Sixth is there for the taking this season.

I don't think it's wrong of people to have this sort of hope for the conclusion of the window, because we clearly haven't done enough yet. The people running the show will know that, though, it's not like the old days.

Think of the boost it would give the squad and the fans if we did something like that. We’d be flying.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

You may be right but we'll only really know that on deadline day. I don't think we've lost any players we really wanted due to haggling, if the Ramos stuff is correct, we are upping our bids to ward off interest from Everton and Wolves. Seems like those guys we really want, such as Botman, we will go above most other teams when push comes to shove.

Mostly - we are after players that clubs don't want to sell. And then we're haggling with ourselves as the other parties aren't interested.

JM and Harrison - we don't have them because we haven't negotiated a decent price.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Look at the FFP police over here.

This is my working understanding of how our clubs thinks and operates. I'm not crying every time another clubs spends some money. 

53 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I agree it's incredibly likely we will, but until stuff is actually in place they won't speculate on assumed income. 

It's not assumed, it's under their control. The sleeve sponsorship alone would raise that projected FFP transfer budget to 23/24 to £140m.

Most business operates on the basis of projections rather than the right now. It's all guesswork but saying that we're operating on the basis that our revenue will potentially stay the same as it was under Ashley sounds pretty unlikely to me.

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's not assumed, it's under their control. The sleeve sponsorship alone would raise that projected FFP transfer budget to 23/24 to £140m.

Most business operates on the basis of projections rather than the right now. It's all guesswork but saying that we're operating on the basis that our revenue will potentially stay the same as it was under Ashley sounds pretty unlikely to me.

Have to be realistic about the level of commercial income the club needs.

the sleeve sponsorship covers Trippiers wages, that’s it.

the club need the full range of commercial deals, like man Utd have all sorts of weird deals like a preferred tyre provider. One or two deals won’t allow the massive investment needed.