Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Have to be realistic about the level of commercial income the club needs.

the sleeve sponsorship covers Trippiers wages, that’s it.

the club need the full range of commercial deals, like man Utd have all sorts of weird deals like a preferred tyre provider. One or two deals won’t allow the massive investment needed.

And that will happen over the next couple of seasons, we have huge scope to increase revenue because our previous owner supressed it so much. Our revenue will increase dramatically.

If we could actually get a striker and a wide player (on loan) then I would like us to get a proper athletic DM who is actually aware of how to play that position.

Bruno looks top as deep lying playmaker but I think he has some lapses on the actual defensive side of the game with players drifting in behind him.

He’s also not particularly strong nor quick. 
Magic with the ball though and very good at nicking it further up the pitch.

45 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's not assumed, it's under their control. The sleeve sponsorship alone would raise that projected FFP transfer budget to 23/24 to £140m.

Most business operates on the basis of projections rather than the right now. It's all guesswork but saying that we're operating on the basis that our revenue will potentially stay the same as it was under Ashley sounds pretty unlikely to me.

What I'm saying is the guesswork comes in terms of knowing how much any future sponsorship will be worth. Yes its incredibly likely to be more, how much more is what they don't currently know.

Like I said in my original post, things happen. Hopefully good things that only increase our ability to attract high value commercial partnerships. As a brand we're already way more attractive than we were previously. However any number of things can happen between now and said deals being signed. Not saying they will, or even that they're remotely likely. But everything we have seen from the consortium so far suggests they're playing things very sensibly. 

16 minutes ago, Lotus said:

If we could actually get a striker and a wide player (on loan) then I would like us to get a proper athletic DM who is actually aware of how to play that position.

Bruno looks top as deep lying playmaker but I think he has some lapses on the actual defensive side of the game with players drifting in behind him.

He’s also not particularly strong nor quick. 
Magic with the ball though and very good at nicking it further up the pitch.

bruno playing too deep atm with shelves out imo, as you say you want him winning the ball high and bursting into the box to get on the end of stuff as he was last season

8 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

bruno playing too deep atm with shelves out imo, as you say you want him winning the ball high and bursting into the box to get on the end of stuff as he was last season

Aye, with our current availability Bruno has to play there. 

13 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Playing too high if you ask me. He's playing Shelvey's role. Willock is the man who needs to be getting into the box.

Pulisic would be a massive statement signing late in the window in my opinion. It would be nice to close the window and a feel good signing like that. 

CHO could be great but there’s still doubts about him. If Pulisic signs he instantly goes into the first team and makes us better. 

12 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Pulisic would be a massive statement signing late in the window in my opinion. It would be nice to close the window and a feel good signing like that. 

CHO could be great but there’s still doubts about him. If Pulisic signs he instantly goes into the first team and makes us better. 

I think he’d be a good signing but wouldn’t call it a statement signing. He’s a Chelsea bench warmer. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think he’d be a good signing but wouldn’t call it a statement signing. He’s a Chelsea bench warmer. 

He’s good enough to start for Chelsea even if he doesn’t, though.

Guest HTT II

Pulisic would be to us what Coutinho is to Villa, a statement signing. But with injury/form/fitness issues similar. I’d have him here though without a doubt. Classy player on his day.