Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'd be reluctant to lose Miggy as if we get a replacement he's the first attacker off the bench currently. Would be more more in favour of upgrading him and moving him down the order rather than letting him go.

If he was replaced he should absolutely stay he'd still be our best option from the bench, there's plenty of players that need to go before him.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

We have very few players who are both a) expendable and b) worth something. Almiron is one of them and Lascelles, Dubravka and Fraser are the only other ones off the top of my head. I'd sell any/all of them to fund players to bulk the squad out with potential tbh. 

Agree with this too tbf, especially if its anywhere near £30m. But being so late in the window makes it a much riskier choice I reckon. If it was week ago, then aye fling him, get a first team replacement and someone else in to push, probably someone younger. Maybe a CF/WF to help cover 2 positions for injnuries or off the bench. But we'd only be able to get 1 in now I reckon and I think that'd be to our detriment.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Agree with this too tbf, especially if its anywhere near £30m. But being so late in the window makes it a much riskier choice I reckon. If it was week ago, then aye fling him, get a first team replacement and someone else in to push, probably someone younger. Maybe a CF/WF to help cover 2 positions for injnuries or off the bench. But we'd only be able to get 1 in now I reckon and I think that'd be to our detriment.

Yeah, exactly, I'd not sell him for £8m, that's ridiculous. I'm talking about a decent amount of money, I'd not give him away. Let's say hypothetically that it was £18m - I'd be buying a prospect from the Championship for about £10m and asking the scouts to get 2 more prospects in for £4m each, probably from the continent. That type of thing :thup:

Just now, midds said:

Yeah, exactly, I'd not sell him for £8m, that's ridiculous. I'm talking about a decent amount of money, I'd not give him away. Let's say hypothetically that it was £18m - I'd be buying a prospect from the Championship for about £10m and asking the scouts to get 2 more prospects in for £4m each, probably from the continent. That type of thing :thup:

Makes perfect sense, but I just think not with a week to go. I dont think we'd get more than 1 in before September and I think that's risky. If our replacement starter for RW doesnt start very well, needs a year to bed in, gets injured etc and we're screwed. Fraser will get injured and Murphy isnt good enough.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Makes perfect sense, but I just think not with a week to go. I dont think we'd get more than 1 in before September and I think that's risky. If our replacement starter for RW doesnt start very well, needs a year to bed in, gets injured etc and we're screwed. Fraser will get injured and Murphy isnt good enough.

There's always a risk but I don't see, other than energy and running, what Almiron brings. Playing up there you'd expect goals and assists and his are awful. He harries and chases and when we're not in possession he's pretty good, problem arises when we do have the ball and he produces virtually nothing. 

I like him, he's a good lad, he works hard and does his job 50% of the time. But he's just not got the quality to produce on a consistent basis. I'd cash in on him for any decent price and roll the dice on 2 or 3 younger players who would match his workrate. 

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Then you read the journalist :anguish:

Bailey's been pretty decent. 

Had all the Ekitike info very early on when it was going awry and was spot on about what was going on with his agent etc.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Bailey's been pretty decent. 

Had all the Ekitike info very early on when it was going awry and was spot on about what was going on with his agent etc.

For every Ekitike and Targett there's like 10 players he strongly links us with that are totally wrong like. I said this before, but watch him on that Loaded Mag podcast and you'll see how much a blagger he is.

Felt like it was always a weak link. We had fairly strong links to Broja which went completely cold, then Pulisic and Gallagher as well. Out of them all, it seems like Pulisic is our top target from Chelsea

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Felt like it was always a weak link. We had fairly strong links to Broja which went completely cold, then Pulisic and Gallagher as well. Out of them all, it seems like Pulisic is our top target from Chelsea

Agree, although I always felt he was the most realistic of the 4.