Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Milanista said:

Do you guys think you'll actually buy a certain Brazilian midfielder with a name that starts with the letter P?

Also: my goodness, you guys looked class against City. I was rooting for you, but there's no shame in a draw. I was thoroughly, thoroughly impressed with Newcastle.

For god sake stop being so cryptic man, we need more clues.

Yeah, I'd pay that now. Had previously thought it was too steep, but in the context of other transfers going on at the moment, his record, the form he's started the season with, and how well he'd fit in the team, it seems perfectly reasonable now.

I'd go for it as well, I really rate him.

Leeds supporting mate of mine reckon Harrison don’t really fit into Marsch’s system very well. Harrison is an out-and-out winger but Marsch plays a narrow system. That said, he did pretty well at the weekend in a narrow system so 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think we would get Pedro and Harrison.

Yeah I kinda assumed pedro would play on the right of a front 3. So don’t think we’d go for both but who knows 

22 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Is he near end of contract? Confused why they would sell him

2 years left, which according to everyone this summer is "near the end of a contract".

Which is frankly ridiculous logic.

In the last 12 months, fair enough. But not the last 2 years.

We're looking to sign Pedro as backup for Wilson with the view that he will hopefully take his place in a couple of years or so. Can't see him playing wide to be honest. We still need a proper right-sided forward urgently, but getting Pedro so we don't have to give Wood as many minutes is great business.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the bid for Manu Kone, that's something which went under the radar somewhat. It means we are looking to add a DM as well, and assuming we won't up or bid for Kone, then would there be other alternatives for that position?

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

We're looking to sign Pedro as backup for Wilson with the view that he will hopefully take his place in a couple of years or so. Can't see him playing wide to be honest. We still need a proper right-sided forward urgently, but getting Pedro so we don't have to give Wood as many minutes is great business.

From what I’ve seen he doesn’t look like a no9 striker. More a number 10/wide forward. I’m no gaffer tho. Would make sense as to why we have been linked to Maddison/paqueta types if they see pedro as a wide forward 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

Watford fans on Twitter and the only Watford fan I know, seemed to be suggesting he is best used as an inside left, right or behind the striker.