Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

17 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Yes, just you and you alone 

He is very good at football 

We still have Longstaff 

please be sensible 

Well I've been telt.

So he's a replacement for Longstaff yeh? 

18 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

If we get Gallagher and Joao Pedro then it’s an unbelievable window.

No cups for about 10 weeks, hit lucky with injuries, we could be well positioned going into the World Cup. Who knows what the owners might do in January if we are.

6 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

From the bits of info in regards to a midfielder it seems like Gallagher is EH's first choice and Paqueta is the back-up option.
There's still hope! :D 

Not pretending I'm a better judge than Eddie, but from the little I've seen of both I'd be fucking baffled if Gallagher was ahead of Paquetá, like.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

No cups for about 10 weeks, hit lucky with injuries, we could be well positioned going into the World Cup. Who knows what the owners might do in January if we are.

It would definitely be very, very interesting if we were sitting 5th or 6th in January.

But it would only take a couple critical injuries to see us firmly stuck in the 8-12 range. We have a pretty wide range of outcomes given the quality of our first XI and the disaster that is the rest of the squad. 

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Well I've been telt.

So he's a replacement for Longstaff yeh? 

One of Paqueta's great strengths is his versatility, though his preferred position is as a central midfielder. His all-round game means that he can play a variety of roles even in that area.

Playing for Lyon, Paqueta recorded 23.67 pressures per 90, in the top 96 percentile, as well as 2.89 tackles per 90 putting him in the top 99 percentile compared to other attacking midfielders. Paqueta truly mixes flair with determination and will be relentless off the ball.

Edited by JonBez comesock

David Moyes going full-on idiot I see.

"I won't talk about him" then goes on to talk about him

"23". Erm, he's 24 Dave.

Hopefully he's fucked Paqueta off enough there to ensure what little chance there was of him signing for West Ham has gone out the window completely.

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

One of Paqueta's great strengths is his versatility, though his preferred position is as a central midfielder. His all-round game means that he can play a variety of roles even in that area.

Playing for Lyon, Paqueta recorded 23.67 pressures per 90, in the top 96 percentile, as well as 2.89 tackles per 90 putting him in the top 99 percentile compared to other attacking midfielders. Paqueta truly mixes flair with determination and will be relentless off the ball.

Aye - for a team that presses he's a dream as he can do that up the pitch and well, but he's still primarily an attacking talent. Think he's perfect for us.

Edited by hakka

7 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

As we play right now alongside Joe and Bruno he'd be practically Centre midfield with probably more scope for getting  forward.

49 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Just me who's not that arsed if he doesn't sign? 

Howe as well it seems. Looks like he'd pick Maddison if he had his choice, and possibly even Gallagher. I haven't seen that much of Paqueta, but he does seem to like doing a few tricks, I wonder if Eddie wants a more pass and move type AM? I suppose you can have too many dribblers if that's a thing?

Imagine if we got Pedro, Paqueta and Gallagher on loan.... I mean, its possible

That'd be fucking MINT

Wonder if we'd get a keeper on loan or cheap too seeing as Dubs may be off. Lionel Perez still available?

52 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I aware of his versatility and I'm also of how good he is but I can't quite buy into buying a player who probably won't play in his best position or does at the expense on another player. 

Every iteration of formations or tactical discussion re: him seems to have him either playing in a position that's either not his best position or one that puts another player in a position that's not his best (e.g Bruno) or even a change of formation. All seems a bit haphazard.

Edit: to be clear, happy if he signs, but would be nonplussed if he didn't. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Just now, Thumbheed said:

I aware of his versatility and I'm also of how good he is but I can't quite buy into buying a player who probably won't play in his best position or does at the expense on another player. 

Every iteration of formations or tactical discussion re: him seems to have him either playing in a position that's either not his best position or one that puts another player in a position that's not his best (e.g Bruno) or even a change of formation. All seems a bit haphazard.

His best position  seems to be centre midfield. Have you seen how we play, he'd be basically centre midfield, 1 of 3 with Bruno at the centre dropping to bring play out. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

His best position  seems to be centre midfield. Have you seen how we play, he'd be basically centre midfield, 1 of 3 with Bruno at the centre dropping to bring play out. 

He did indeed play on the left of a midfield three last week against Troyes, move to a 10, moved to being part of a double pivot and then moved back to CM before being subbed. He was very accomplished in all three positions.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Bit of a shame to push Bruno back when he was so influential in the final 3rd with the freedom he got last season as a number 8. 

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Bit of a shame to push Bruno back when he was so influential in the final 3rd with the freedom he got last season as a number 8. 

Not really, with the right players they move cover/create space for and with each other. Bruno is a great example as he was often central, getting the ball off the defence and still being able to get forward with others covering when he git space.

Paqetas last game for Lyon he nominally started right of a 3 but went all over and that 3 fed off each other.

Slightly left field, but Paqueta’s pace might be why we’re seemingly not going in (although we absolutely could be [emoji38]).

I know Madison and Gallagher are hardly pacy, but it’s possible Joao Pedro is seen as an 8 and he would add more pace and physicality to the midfield.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Not really, with the right players they move cover/create space for and with each other. Bruno is a great example as he was often central, getting the ball off the defence and still being able to get forward with others covering when he git space.

Paqetas last game for Lyon he nominally started right of a 3 but went all over and that 3 fed off each other.

Agreed but that's if Howe wants to be like that and from what I've seen of Shelvey and Bruno is that they tend to sit and don't break forward that much, Bruno certainly hasn't been finding himself in the box the past couple of games he's played that role and it doesn't really look like Howe wants the role to be played that way. Same with Shelvey when he plays there. All points to Howe wanting that number 6 to play a certain way rather than bring interchangeable like you say.l they could be. 

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Agreed but that's if Howe wants to be like that and from what I've seen of Shelvey and Bruno is that they tend to sit and don't break forward that much, Bruno certainly hasn't been finding himself in the box the past couple of games he's played that role and it doesn't really look like Howe wants the role to be played that way. Same with Shelvey when he plays there. All points to Howe wanting that number 6 to play a certain way rather than bring interchangeable like you say.l they could be. 

That could well be down to the games we've played (Brighton away and Man City). Bruno did get forward a lot more V Forest.

Edit, I can see Shelvey basically being Bruno's back up for the most part.

Edited by madras