Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That will need to rise as time goes on

I’m sure it’ll rise this summer- rumours of Bruno extending (and improving) his contract are rife. However, it still won’t be anywhere near Salah’s wage (for the time being)- probably around £200kpw? 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure it’s a No will be the answer. We don’t have to sell. If the players wanted the move different story, but they are in the love with us, as we are them ♥️?

Money, as always, talks

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure it’s a No will be the answer. We don’t have to sell. If the players wanted the move different story, but they are in the love with us, as we are them ♥️?

totally agree that the players love it here but haalands on £375,000 pw for christ sake and their in every competition going.  We've all left jobs we love for less fun jobs because it's great money or opportunity, all i'm saying is not many players say no to City and they generally get who they want when it comes to buying from other prem clubs.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

We back to worrying about selling our best players now, aye? Class.

not worrying - discussing to fill in time before the match starts

Edited by Gawalls

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

going to be a sad day when we have to sell Jacob Murphy to comply with FFP regulations

that twitter clip somebody posted earlier  about Longstaff bigging him up and saying he gives a massive input with raising spirits and training levels etc.  He's been very patient this season waiting for his turn, done his job as a squad player and grabbed his opportunity when given it so he's gone right up in my opinion these last few months or so. 

13 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

totally agree that the players love it here but haalands on £375,000 pw for christ sake and their in every competition going.  We've all left jobs we love for less fun jobs because it's great money or opportunity, all i'm saying is not many players say no to City and they generally get who they want when it comes to buying from other prem clubs.

I’m a romantic at heart and want to believe as long as they see growth and progress their love for us as a club and fan base (which is unique I believe) will have them follow their hearts for some time whilst we play catch-up wages FFP etc, before their wallets. Otherwise they’d be gone soon enough if the later was the case. 

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Base salary, aye.

“According to Daily Mail, the Norwegian forward is earning a pay packet of just under £900k per week. He makes £375k per week as base pay but his contract includes a number of 'almost guaranteed' bonuses, taking his wage up to those eye-watering levels.”

Just now, Manxst said:

Base salary, aye.

“According to Daily Mail, the Norwegian forward is earning a pay packet of just under £900k per week. He makes £375k per week as base pay but his contract includes a number of 'almost guaranteed' bonuses, taking his wage up to those eye-watering levels.”

imaging opening your wage slip and seeing them kind of figures - it's mental.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Rich said:

We back to worrying about selling our best players now, aye? Class.

grief junkies

Under Ashley I would worry about selling our best players because that meant another nail in the relegation-coffin.

I am not too worried now. Money talks, bigger clubs and all that. It's perfectly fine.

What WILL make us amongst the best and attractive clubs is having professional people in every level of the club. 

I trust they know what they're doing. I mean, we had Mike f'ing Ashley...

If we get CL and remain strong competitors in other comps that will attract top players and make our best players want to stay. 

Just now, maze said:

Under Ashley I would worry about selling our best players because that meant another nail in the relegation-coffin.

I am not too worried now. Money talks, bigger clubs and all that. It's perfectly fine.

What WILL make us amongst the best and attractive clubs is having professional people in every level of the club. 

I trust they know what they're doing. I mean, we had Mike f'ing Ashley...

If we get CL and remain strong competitors in other comps that will attract top players and make our best players want to stay. 

Some quality players have already shown and will show the desire to be part of this journey we’re on. Eddie Howe’s coaching masterclass alone must factor for any bright talent with integrity. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Some quality players have already shown and will show the desire to be part of this journey we’re on. Eddie Howe’s coaching masterclass alone must factor for any bright talent with integrity. 

Most certainly. I think many will commit.  Continuity is key.