Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I keep reading these stories about Bruno or Joelinton being targets for Liverpool, surely we wouldn't sell them and the players wouldn't want to leave??? There was another about Louis Saha warning Toney off signing for us in favour of Man Utd because 'Man Utd's a bigger club'. I mean, I'm guessing this is all down to lazy journalism and bias, but I can't imagine a better place to be than us right now for any player. We're an exciting, rising team with a brilliant manager, continuous massive investment, an awesome fanbase and rocking home ground, a single team city with a cracking night life and hopefully, if all goes well, champions league footy next season. I just can't believe that any player would actually want to leave of their own accord.

Absolutely correct, but it will take the Southern media a little while to adjust !!

Also, the club will never sell anyone unless they want to, for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

thankfully we no longer live in a world where we sell our best players to Liverpool 

I still think we’ll need to address our cap if we want to keep them long term. I’m not talking about any individuals here just in general.  I honestly don’t know  what Liverpools is so may not be an issue but let’s say Man City decided they want isak or botman at there moment we’re screwed.

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

What’s Liverpool’s wage cap? That could come into play if it’s higher than ours.

They pay individuals far more than we do. Salah is on £350kpw as their highest earner. Bruno/Tripps are currently ours on around £125kpw. 

Just now, Manxst said:

They pay individuals far more than we do. Salah is on £350kpw as their highest earner. Bruno/Tripps are currently ours on around £125kpw. 

That will need to rise as time goes on

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I still think we’ll need to address our cap if we want to keep them long term. I’m not talking about any individuals here just in general.  I honestly don’t know  what Liverpools is so may not be an issue but let’s say Man City decided they want isak or botman at there moment we’re screwed.

Simply, and accurately - NO !!!!!

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That will need to rise as time goes on

I’m sure it’ll rise this summer- rumours of Bruno extending (and improving) his contract are rife. However, it still won’t be anywhere near Salah’s wage (for the time being)- probably around £200kpw? 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t understand your response 

I’m sure it’s a No will be the answer. We don’t have to sell. If the players wanted the move different story, but they are in the love with us, as we are them ♥️😁

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure it’s a No will be the answer. We don’t have to sell. If the players wanted the move different story, but they are in the love with us, as we are them ♥️😁

Money, as always, talks

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

totally agree that the players love it here but haalands on £375,000 pw for christ sake and their in every competition going.  We've all left jobs we love for less fun jobs because it's great money or opportunity, all i'm saying is not many players say no to City and they generally get who they want when it comes to buying from other prem clubs.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

We back to worrying about selling our best players now, aye? Class.

not worrying - discussing to fill in time before the match starts

Edited by Gawalls

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

going to be a sad day when we have to sell Jacob Murphy to comply with FFP regulations

that twitter clip somebody posted earlier  about Longstaff bigging him up and saying he gives a massive input with raising spirits and training levels etc.  He's been very patient this season waiting for his turn, done his job as a squad player and grabbed his opportunity when given it so he's gone right up in my opinion these last few months or so. 

13 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

totally agree that the players love it here but haalands on £375,000 pw for christ sake and their in every competition going.  We've all left jobs we love for less fun jobs because it's great money or opportunity, all i'm saying is not many players say no to City and they generally get who they want when it comes to buying from other prem clubs.

I’m a romantic at heart and want to believe as long as they see growth and progress their love for us as a club and fan base (which is unique I believe) will have them follow their hearts for some time whilst we play catch-up wages FFP etc, before their wallets. Otherwise they’d be gone soon enough if the later was the case. 

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Base salary, aye.

“According to Daily Mail, the Norwegian forward is earning a pay packet of just under £900k per week. He makes £375k per week as base pay but his contract includes a number of 'almost guaranteed' bonuses, taking his wage up to those eye-watering levels.”

Just now, Manxst said:

Base salary, aye.

“According to Daily Mail, the Norwegian forward is earning a pay packet of just under £900k per week. He makes £375k per week as base pay but his contract includes a number of 'almost guaranteed' bonuses, taking his wage up to those eye-watering levels.”

imaging opening your wage slip and seeing them kind of figures - it's mental.