Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

The likelihood is that we will be in for those top end players but we will only move for them if other clubs are dithering.

Arsenal didn't move on Bruno, so we nipped in. We knew Milan couldn't afford Botman, so we nipped in. Isak had been courted by most sides in Europe but alot of clubs either decided against him, had other priorities or didn't need a CF... so we struck, knowing that we wouldn't get another chance.

I suspect we will stay in the background on a few of these deals and wait for other clubs who will pay higher wages to play their hand. We won't get in bidding wars because that's how you end up with financial waste.

Let's remember, City signed Haaland, Arsenal signed Jesus, Chelsea signed Sterling, Liverpool signed Nunez, Spurs signed Richarlison... all of those sides could have signed Isak and didn't. More fool them.

We will be patient again. Wait for who HASNT been plucked in the early flurry and then take the bargains when we are the only horse in the race.

We also have the luxury of being a significantly more attractive prospect than we were 12 months ago.

Don't rule out big money moves for the likes of Declan Rice, but only after the likes of Liverpool turn their noses up and cast their gaze elsewhere.

Edited by STM

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Do you mean, you don't see anyone forking 30m for him? 

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would. I think when he leaves it'll be on loan with some obligation based on appearances. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would. I think when he leaves it'll be on loan with some obligation based on appearances. 

Reckon Spurs would give us 30/40m, maybe a West Ham. 

Although I could see a loan to Milan.

12 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

New middle east shirt sponsor to pay £25m. Do we have to pay Fun88 to go away? They were paying less than £8m. 

I'd imagine so, reports said they had come to an agreement, so that must mean we paid them. Man city deal is worth 67.5 million so shows how poor our current deal is. I'd imagine our new contract will have very flexible terms so we can ramp the sponsorship up as the project builds. I mean obviously the money is not coming from the Saudi state 😜

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

I'd imagine so, reports said they had come to an agreement, so that must mean we paid them. Man city deal is worth 67.5 million so shows how poor our current deal is. I'd imagine our new contract will have very flexible terms so we can ramp the sponsorship up as the project builds. I mean obviously the money is not coming from the Saudi state 😜

They tried to end it last season, it expires in 23.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They tried to end it last season, it expires in 23.

It ‘expires’ in 23 purely because they’ve paid it off.

“NEWCASTLE UNITED have struck an agreement that will see them end their shirt sponsorship deal with Chinese betting firm Fun88 this summer, two years earlier than initially planned.

The early end to the current arrangement will enable the Magpies to secure new headline sponsors for the 2023-24 season, with a future deal likely to dwarf the Fun88 arrangement, which was agreed during Mike Ashley’s reign.” (From Oct 22)

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23044570.newcastle-united-end-fun88-sponsorship-deal/

2 hours ago, STM said:

One thing I will say is, I see no way in which ASM stays at the club.

I can't put my finger on why exactly, call it a hunch.

I just think the chemistry isn't right. Howe needs reliability and workrate. He's sellable too.

If we get a 30m offer for him, I reckon he's gone... and if we end up signing Diaby for 45m, it will be seen as great business.

Maxi has been great and generally putting in shifts when he has played. When he plays it puts the fear in the opposition 

Criticise his availability but cut the lazy takes about his effort/fit. 

1 hour ago, Elric said:

I've got full faith in Howe and Ashworth but... not Tierney, please. Dyer-esque injury vibes from him, seems like he's made of glass. 

I've got full faith in Howe and Ashworth, but not so much faith that Baldwards would have access to Howe's private one to ones with Ashworth.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know much about Diaby ? I’ve not seen him play.

Absolutely rapid, can play on both sides and has an eye for goal. He's still a bit raw though and remains to be seen how he'd get on in a league where teams bother defending.

1 hour ago, BrianSwan said:

Southampton have a some good players who can either immediately be in contention to start, or be good prospects.

Bella-Kotchap

Lavia

Sulemana (prospect)

Alcaraz (prospect)

Livramento also, if he can recover fully from his injury.

2 minutes ago, kocunar said:

If we reach Ucl, fck it and sign Kvaradona, him and Isak would start a dynasty. 

Yeah, maybe if we ask extra nicely they might even just let us have him for free and throw in Osimhen too.