Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

That would probably require a lot of free transfers and wage inflation. Doubt they want to bring in that many.

by 7/8 it’s probably 3/4 first team and 3/4 18-19 year olds who can be on the fringes I’d think 

Tottenham target Newcastle livewire Saint-Maximin

Tottenham are leading the chase for Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin.

AC Milan have emerged as rivals for the French maverick, but Toon’s asking price – which could rise to £50million – is a potential stumbling block for the Serie A giants.

Spurs have long been keen on Saint-Maximin, 26, and made discreet enquiries about his availability during the January transfer window.

Newcastle’s £45m capture at the start of the year of wideman Anthony Gordon, 22, from Everton has cast doubt on Saint-Maximin’s future.

A £16.5m signing from Nice in the summer of 2019 and the early days of Steve Bruce’s reign as Magpies boss, Saint-Maximin still has three years left on his contract.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-mane-chelsea-manutd-29735125

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

AC Milan have emerged as rivals for the French maverick, but Toon’s asking price – which could rise to £50million – is a potential stumbling block for the Serie A giants.

Spurs have long been keen on Saint-Maximin, 26, and made discreet enquiries about his availability during the January transfer window.

Newcastle’s £45m capture at the start of the year of wideman Anthony Gordon, 22, from Everton has cast doubt on Saint-Maximin’s future.

A £16.5m signing from Nice in the summer of 2019 and the early days of Steve Bruce’s reign as Magpies boss, Saint-Maximin still has three years left on his contract.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-mane-chelsea-manutd-29735125

Couldn’t see that working out well for Tottenham. Although I think Maxi would love it in the capital.

Just now, Hudson said:

Couldn’t see that working out well for Tottenham. Although I think Maxi would love it in the capital.

They’d love him, would be like when we sold them Ginola. He likes to play ‘the Spurs Way’.

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

He’d be great for them. Spurs wingers act more like forwards and aren’t expected to track back.

I don’t think Thuram to PSG is a done deal not seen that anywhere. I do think his price is rising though and talk of 50 million plus now with the scousers also sniffing.

The good news is though there’s a plethora of good midfielders this summer potentially available. To name a few Ugarte, Lavia, Kone, Caqueret, and Rice. Get CL and no reason we’re not capable of getting one of these.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Confirmed ?

Lord no, not going to go full Romano. However, read somewhere the other day that PSG are revamping their transfer strategy from the Galactico approach to be more of a ‘club of France’. Thuram, Kolo Muani etc to be the cornerstones rather than Ramos,  Neymar, Messi etc.

Edited by Nucasol

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Lord no, not going to go full Romano. However, read somewhere the other day that PSG are revamping their transfer strategy from the Galactico approach to be more of a ‘club of France’. Thuram, Kolo Muani etc to be the cornerstones rather than Ramos,  Neymar, Messi etc.

Makes sense, they just move the international players to ManU

49 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’d be great for them. Spurs wingers act more like forwards and aren’t expected to track back.

Maxi won’t be good anywhere else either 

He can’t play 5 games in a row , never mind 5 good games in a row 

He is an exceptional individual footballer but he doesn’t score goals , can’t stay fit or stay in form 

When he’s on fire , he untouchable 

However that only happens two or three times a season 

He will no doubt have his good days at another club and will produce some outstanding moments but isn’t consistent enough to play every week at a top club

Snap your hand off for 45m

On 28/04/2023 at 19:19, STM said:

Reckon Spurs would give us 30/40m, maybe a West Ham. 

Although I could see a loan to Milan.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Kulsevski                          ASM

Son/Richarlison

Might be the starting point post Kane.

They are going to be shite next season.

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

There was talk of their strategy changing to this philosophy last year, with the signing of Ekitike. However, unless/until they move on the likes of Neymar, Ramos, Messi etc (I know it’s likely this summer with Messi) then whoever comes in will still have the same problem as wor Hugo. Plus the likes of Thuram, Muani aren’t the elite, world renowned names that the Qataris and PSG fans would like to see/need- they’re bought as potential rather than polished players, and will be a definite downgrade in lots of aspects, not least worldwide financial income. If they continue with this new strategy (no matter the good intentions) PSG will gradually begin to drift away from the elite Euro clubs. (Imo!). 

I keep reading these stories about Bruno or Joelinton being targets for Liverpool, surely we wouldn't sell them and the players wouldn't want to leave??? There was another about Louis Saha warning Toney off signing for us in favour of Man Utd because 'Man Utd's a bigger club'. I mean, I'm guessing this is all down to lazy journalism and bias, but I can't imagine a better place to be than us right now for any player. We're an exciting, rising team with a brilliant manager, continuous massive investment, an awesome fanbase and rocking home ground, a single team city with a cracking night life and hopefully, if all goes well, champions league footy next season. I just can't believe that any player would actually want to leave of their own accord.

... I'm not biased at all  :indi:

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I keep reading these stories about Bruno or Joelinton being targets for Liverpool, surely we wouldn't sell them and the players wouldn't want to leave??? There was another about Louis Saha warning Toney off signing for us in favour of Man Utd because 'Man Utd's a bigger club'. I mean, I'm guessing this is all down to lazy journalism and bias, but I can't imagine a better place to be than us right now for any player. We're an exciting, rising team with a brilliant manager, continuous massive investment, an awesome fanbase and rocking home ground, a single team city with a cracking night life and hopefully, if all goes well, champions league footy next season. I just can't believe that any player would actually want to leave of their own accord.

... I'm not biased at all  :indi:

What’s Liverpool’s wage cap? That could come into play if it’s higher than ours.