Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

He'd make A LOT of sense as an addition to our squad if Howe thinks Isak playing from the left is something that we want to do going forward.

Wilson and Roque rotating at CF, allows Wilson to avoid playing too many minutes and means that we're not expecting an 18 year old to come in and immediately be the main man. Obviously we also have the option to play Isak there so we suddenly have three quality CF options.

Would be interesting to see how we'd tweak the setup, if at all. I think you'd want to give Isak a little less to do defensively than the wingers do now, obviously our front players need to press but I mean in terms of tracking full backs and such.

Probably in and around that, aye. Quite a lot of it in add-ons on top of an initial fee.

That's a kind of price range we've shown a willingness to operate in though so don't think it's out of reach at all.

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

Didn’t we go in for him in Jan for like £20m? Could be someone else.

Matteus Franca or Andrey Santos? We were scouting a few Brazilians in the last 6 months, including Santos who went to Chelsea for about £18m.

Meanwhile, Newcastle have no intention of reviving their interest in French wonderkid Hugo Ekitike after the player rejected a move to Tyneside last summer in order to sign for Paris Saint-Germain instead.

Ekitike, 20, has struggled for game time in Paris and is believed to want a move away from the club at the end of the season.

Newcastle, though, have since signed Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad and were unimpressed by Ekitike's behaviour after they agreed a fee with his French club Reims in July last year.

Despite a deal being verbally agreed, the player’s representatives delayed completing the move in order to engineer a transfer to PSG instead

From the Luke Edwards article about ASM & Longstaff being back in training. 

If the rumoured price is 50m then we’d be getting a bit of a dud in Ugarte. As I’ve said before, he’s so frustrating to watch; dawdles too much on the ball and even in acres of space he’ll usually give a hospital pass to players right next to him. If Howe can get him to look up and pass through the lines quickly, he could become a decent 6 for our system but you’d hope you’re getting somebody ready-made for that kind of fee.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'll be shocked if it isn't City or Chelsea, but...

We wouldn't disrupt our wage structure for him, methinks. And I'm doubtful about his fitness, especially under a Howe intensity regime.

Fati is finished*, man. Injuries have destroyed his pace and agility.

*as a world class prospect I mean. Still obviously young enough to forge a very good career for himself but I’d hope we’re not in for him at that price. Guy’s living off his initial hype at the moment.

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Fati is finished*, man. Injuries have destroyed his pace and agility.

*as a world class prospect I mean. Still obviously young enough to forge a very good career for himself but I’d hope we’re not in for him at that price. Guy’s living off his initial hype at the moment.

Sadly I have to agree with this - it’s a huge risk given his lack of football