Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Just me in the ‘never convinced by Pedro’ camp then?

Well if the choice was between Pedro and Isak, which it was at the time, then I think we picked the right one.

1 hour ago, kocunar said:

I think the original plan was to take it relatively slow these next 2 years (relatively slow meaning similar to last summer) so that we can spend big once that first window is out of the FFP calculations. Qualifying for UCL offsets that, so we can spend big this summer if right opportunity (like Isak) shows itself and we will be ready to pounce.

Forest also provided us with an unexpected 20m. That was more lucrative than the Europa League.

Don't get me wrong, think Pedro is good, and has the potential to be a top 6 level player, but I think in years to come we will look back at Wilson picking up that injury in the City home game as a blessing in disguise. By all accounts we were nailed on for Pedro till that happened, had even gotten the Romano "here we go", then Wilson picks up his injury and we get the blessing from Al-Rumayyan to do something big to replace him. Isak deal is then done in 48 hours.  

The profile looks right up our street.

Didn't quite work out at Barca when he was young and coming along now at Nice, and so a lot of clubs are second guessing and are uncertain.

This has been our golden ticket so far. The price is in that range we have been operating in and he's a big talent that is not quite enough of a certainty for the typical bigger clubs. 

Fantastic profile of player for Howe to sharpen up and once again every one will be left dumbfounded in a year's time.

I think I've come to the conclusion now that the easiest and best way for us to improve our first XI is RW. An elite (and not one footed) player in that position would take us to another level.

LB would be second for me in terms of the first XI, but equally important is someone that gives us the ability to play without Bruno (for when we need to). I'm honestly not sure we'd be in any European place without him and we cannot head into next season with that risk. 

I've said this previously but what i would be looking at is "who would we miss the most if they were injured for a lengthy period?".

Top 3 priorities:

For me the obvious answer is Bruno. We need someone in the middle who can retain possession at least somewhere near Brunos level. Without him, a huge part of our game collapses.

Secondly, I'd say Schar because its a huge step down to Lascelles. Schar is 31 and we have a huge workload next year. Burn is an able deputy to Botman.

Third, yep LB, not because I don't like Targett but because Burn is going to be needed in the middle more and more. Let's get someone who has some technical ability/pace going forward.

It does seem odd that I've highlighted 3 defensive areas but it's a strength of ours and we need depth to continue our high standards.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I've said this previously but what i would be looking at is "who would we miss the most if they were injured for a lengthy period?".

Top 3 priorities:

For me the obvious answer is Bruno. We need someone in the middle who can retain possession at least somewhere near Brunos level. Without him, a huge part of our game collapses.

Secondly, I'd say Schar because its a huge step down to Lascelles. Schar is 31 and we have a huge workload next year. Burn is an able deputy to Botman.

Third, yep LB, not because I don't like Targett but because Burn is going to be needed in the middle more and more. Let's get someone who has some technical ability/pace going forward.

It does seem odd that I've highlighted 3 defensive areas but it's a strength of ours and we need depth to continue our high standards.

If we could get a another trippier style player on the left it would be amazing for the balance and give us so many more options going forward. I think it's nothing against our current players, but it's more about the evolution of our team to the next level.

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

If we could get a another trippier style player on the left it would be amazing for the balance and give us so many more options going forward. I think it's nothing against our current players, but it's more about the evolution of our team to the next level.

Also, Trippier is going to need rested. Therefore having one fullback with quality on the pitch would be a nice option.

One thing I will say is, I see no way in which ASM stays at the club.

I can't put my finger on why exactly, call it a hunch.

I just think the chemistry isn't right. Howe needs reliability and workrate. He's sellable too.

If we get a 30m offer for him, I reckon he's gone... and if we end up signing Diaby for 45m, it will be seen as great business.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I just think the chemistry isn't right. Howe needs reliability and workrate. He's sellable too.

If we get a 30m offer for him, I reckon he's gone... and if we end up signing Diaby for 45m, it will be seen as great business.

I think there's your reason, if you're looking for one...

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Diaby won’t be that cheap.