Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

We still have weaknesses that need addressing. (1) A lack of creativity and ability in attack. (2) A lack of ball progression in midfield without Bruno. A left back that isn't so prone to pace defensively (3).

Thoe can look to be starters by October.

I would personally like another 2-3 young players with high ceilings and the right attitude. But also willing to be squad options. We don't have any quality in-depth so they can come in any position. 

I actually think what you've stated is going to be the exact approach this summer.

2-3 elite first team calibre players and 2-3 top level young players that start off as key squad players to eventually grow into the first team.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I actually think what you've stated is going to be the exact approach this summer.

2-3 elite first team calibre players and 2-3 top level young players that start off as key squad players to eventually grow into the first team.

Agree, it makes the most sense. The ability to rest Bruno / have adequate cover in the event of injury is crucial. 

16 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Hope we’re back in for Pedro. Would excel under Eddie. 

Do you think we would go for Pedro over Ekiteke now bearing in mind we seemed really keen on bringing Hugo here over two windows? Personally think Pedro would be a better fit, but we did seem to really rate the French lad.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Do you think we would go for Pedro over Ekiteke now bearing in mind we seemed really keen on bringing Hugo here over two windows? Personally think Pedro would be a better fit, but we did seem to really rate the French lad.

Good question. Would both be out of the question?  Pedro can play across the Front 3 can’t he. Not sure about Ekitike

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sky Sports saying we're in for Brozovic for £31m. They've got the story from The Sun mind. 

Reckon this is agent talk. Can't see us spending £30m+ a CM who turns 31 in November and would likely want a weekly wage that would make him our highest earner. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Good question. Would both be out of the question?  Pedro can play across the Front 3 can’t he. Not sure about Ekitike

Pretty sure Pedro was desperate to come here, whereas Ekiteke was always more keen on PSG, I think that might be a big factor now. I doubt we'd go for them both after signing Isak, in fact even signing one of them might be wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Pretty sure Pedro was desperate to come here, whereas Ekiteke was always more keen on PSG, I think that might be a big factor now. I doubt we'd go for them both after signing Isak, in fact even signing one of them might be wishful thinking.

I’d prefer Pedro if we go for one of those. The French kid’s got a dodgy agent [emoji38]

31m is a bargain for a player of his quality and pedigree tbf. We’re likely looking at younger players so I doubt it’s true but man… a midfield of Bruno, Brozovic and one of the Joe’s would be so, so good.

Edited by McCormick

10 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Yep talent aside, I don’t think we are able to pay that sort of price for a player of his age at this stage

It’s a shame though. Trippier has shown us what experience at the highest level can bring to the squad.

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

Unless we think Kuol is ready to be a first team squad player next season we need a younger striker. Wilson as the wily senior statesman, Isak as the main man and a final option that we see as a good squad option but with a high growth ceiling.

Pedro is the man

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s a shame though. Trippier has shown us what experience at the highest level can bring to the squad.

True, but on the flip side of that Trippier only cost us £12m and was apparently on 120k a week when we signed him. Brozovic would cost more than double, and is already on 180k a week at Inter, so would likely want 200k p/w.

28 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Wasn’t Brozovic mentioned really early on as a target after the takeover?

Yeah, early on when it was obvious we needed a presence in midfield. He was one of the many suggestions along with Torrerra and a few others. Then Bruno happened 

4 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Wilson as the wily senior statesman

I honestly think there is a chance Wilson may want to go in the Summer. He seems like someone who wants to be playing week in, week out. If West Ham had any nous they'd chuck in £10-12m bid for him, if for nothing else than to stop him scoring. If that happens I can see the club letting him go provided we sign another younger forward. 

45 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I honestly think there is a chance Wilson may want to go in the Summer. He seems like someone who wants to be playing week in, week out. If West Ham had any nous they'd chuck in £10-12m bid for him, if for nothing else than to stop him scoring. If that happens I can see the club letting him go provided we sign another younger forward. 

I think Wilson will want a crack at the CL, this is probably the only chance he'll get in his career. He won't want to be playing for mid-table, lower half sides all his life.

42 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think Wilson will want a crack at the CL, this is probably the only chance he'll get in his career. He won't want to be playing for mid-table, lower half sides all his life.

Exactly. Unless he's told to leave or we go out and sign another top class striker he'll stay. He's only one injury away from starting at the Bernabeau or similar. No chance he leaves. To go and play for West Ham??????