Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I've said it before and others have said it plenty but I'll say it again because it's so obvious and he would suit our midfield perfectly and provide experience/depth/cover...Gundogan

The fact he's out of contract in the summer is even more of a reason to go for him, I know he's coming to the end of his career but he's definitely got another 2 seasons minimum left in him at the highest level.

He’s not coming here man 😂

11 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Dybala with a 12m euro release clause....get at it Newcastle !

based on Roma qualifying for the CL - he doesn’t fit our style nor will we pay his inflated wages - no thanks 

Isak looking very good at wide forward there. He was our best player at #10 in the league cup final. We normally don't play a #10 and have many who can play in a wide berth. With Isak and Wilson managing fewer minutes between them than Harry Kane, I think we need forward who is better than a stopgap at CF more than a big name wide forward. We could have 55 or more games to play next season.

Buying the kind of dream midfielder, for me DMish but capable of deputising for Bruno, will push Joelinton down the pecking order, which is another reason to not buy an automatic starter at wide forward. Bruno out for a long period is the easiest way to derail a season, so we need an understudy. Anyone good enough to do it will be good enough for lots of game time at the expense of others.

Add an attacking LB and a learner RCB and its job done with four players.

8 hours ago, Schecter said:

This must be a record signing for Brighton. If this being done is true, for Watford to agree this early, the fee must be more than we offered last summer.

This also suggests we have moved onto another target, so I wonder who it is.

23 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Isak looking very good at wide forward there. He was our best player at #10 in the league cup final. We normally don't play a #10 and have many who can play in a wide berth. With Isak and Wilson managing fewer minutes between them than Harry Kane, I think we need forward who is better than a stopgap at CF more than a big name wide forward. We could have 55 or more games to play next season.

Buying the kind of dream midfielder, for me DMish but capable of deputising for Bruno, will push Joelinton down the pecking order, which is another reason to not buy an automatic starter at wide forward. Bruno out for a long period is the easiest way to derail a season, so we need an understudy. Anyone good enough to do it will be good enough for lots of game time at the expense of others.

Add an attacking LB and a learner RCB and its job done with four players.

I agree about the solid midfielder addition who can deputise for Bruno or at least have that presence when/if he’s out and also allow him to move further forwards if playing together. It’ll be interesting to see who we get. As you say I think we bring in a starting left back, a pacey right sided centre half and another striker who may be able to play on the wing too. I do think we’ll also bring in another game changing winger in the Diaby mould. We need another goal threat who can win the big games for us. Maddison is the one name which doesn’t go away too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I think the original plan was to take it relatively slow these next 2 years (relatively slow meaning similar to last summer) so that we can spend big once that first window is out of the FFP calculations. Qualifying for UCL offsets that, so we can spend big this summer if right opportunity (like Isak) shows itself and we will be ready to pounce.

Would be great to see a Trippier

-esque style early signing this summer. An experienced player coming in who shows other players considering us that we are serious about the season ahead. 

I’d like to see a younger CB with potential (preferably right sided), a more established RB (that’s content with being rotated with Trippier who obviously remains first choice), a CM (that can ideally cover the #6 position) and a winger.

I can see ASM leaving along with a couple more of the fringe players. 

Edited by Nine

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Would be great to see a Trippier

-esque style early signing this summer. An experienced player coming in who shows other players considering us that we are serious about the season ahead. 

Fuck loads more of Alexander Isak's for me.

Disappointed we haven’t got back in for Pedro given what I’ve read and seen from him. I quite liked the idea of adding to our Brazilian contingent too. 

It could be another one of those brilliant bits of Brighton transfer business.