Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Whilst this embed issue is happening (Twitter's problem, btw), can folks briefly summarise what's in the Tweet they're sharing?

Or screenshot it?

Just now, SteV said:
Just now, Yorkie said:

Whilst this embed issue is happening (Twitter's problem, btw), can folks briefly summarise what's in the Tweet they're sharing?

Or screenshot it?

Whatever folks can be arsed with. :lol:

I may be wrong but I don't really rate Torres. 

I never saw elite potential in him at Valencia and I thought it spoke volumes that City were happy to cash in so early. We have to be careful we're not seduced by signing a player because they look good on paper. City fell foul of that a bit at first. I'd almost rather take a punt on a player trending up with Villarreal or Sevilla than I would a player perceived as being 'of that level' because he's at Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

I respectfully disagree. He’s an unreal talent. He was on the list of potential targets the first time around before he went to City. Extremely versatile player. Sign him the fuck up. 

I mean, even if Torres doesn't have elite potential he can still be a really good addition to the squad. Versatile 23 year old winger who has played 35 games for Spain for 25m?

That's Chris Wood money :lol:

The alarm bells go off anytime is read that a player has been "offered to Newcastle." Usually means they end up at Villa, West Ham or Nottingham Forest. 

If we were interested we would get it done largely silently without being "offered the player" always seems like they are damaged goods. Howe likes a project though.

There must be some problems behind Torres. Having been rejected by two mega clubs at such a young age speaks volume. I am fine to take the gamble but I am also prepared for failure

2 hours ago, Zero said:

There must be some problems behind Torres. Having been rejected by two mega clubs at such a young age speaks volume. I am fine to take the gamble but I am also prepared for failure

Man City didn’t reject him though.

Re Torres, if he does take a step down to a club such us or villa. (By step down I mean in terms of perception) it’s not going to be as a squad player and I’m sure he’d also want a pay rise as well. 

Genuinely think that Arda Guler is good enough to start for us next season. Very mature at everything he does and can handle the pressure. I'd be very content with him coming in as our right sided option. Can play centrally too. Please happen! His talent is just too much to not succeed.  Would also leave us with a lot of money for other positions.

Edited by Ikon