Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, LFEE said:

I’ll take your word for it as going off a a very small sample size for both. Just going off the two games I attended against Fulham and the couple of games I watched them. Arsenal in particular he was embarrassing in his defending and I’m rarely that critical of any player as you know. Lewis after picking up another injury looks done here unfortunately as can’t stay fit long enough to repay the club in any shape of what was a sizeable fee. Shame for him as EH got a couple of decent games out of him but hasn’t been fit since. So hopefully Robinson would be fitter so that would be a major plus ?

Robinson didn't play in either game against us this season which might be why he didn't impress you.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Robinson didn't play in either game against us this season which might be why he didn't impress you.

I know. I was being facetious at the claim he was good because Fulham had a good season. Should’ve added one of my smileys. My bad ?

Remember him in this game. This was just the highlights. Lucky to not score an OG and weak as piss on all three goals. Appreciate that and a couple of other games isn’t a big sample size though ??

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Given I doubt he'd cost over 30m, Robinson would be a great signing. Already the business going forward, think we would come on leaps and bounds under our coaching team. Has some much needed pace to add to the back line as well. 

£30m is a fair whack to spend on a full back mind, he'd have to be the complete package to justify that outlay. Both going forward and defensively.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not saying Robinson has been amazing but he's been a functioning player in a successful team. Lewis has been a complete flop from beginning to end.

I'm sure I remember Liverpool bidding for him prior to us getting him too, which would mean they could see something in him. They rarely miss in the market these days.

I agree though. I think he just looks terrified every time he's on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I'm sure I remember Liverpool bidding for him prior to us getting him too, which would mean they could see something in him. They rarely miss in the market these days.

I agree though. I think he just looks terrified every time he's on the pitch.

Was it not that they were looking for a back up for Robertson and ended up with Tsimikas instead?

Speaking of Tsimikas he wouldn't be the worst signing for some left back competition.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is he better than Targett?

I always saw Targett as a very solid defender, and useful, if somewhat limited going forwards. He doesn't add an extra dimension to your attack like the top tier full backs do. No idea about Robinson tbh, never pay much attention to other team's players until they are linked with us.

Just now, KDT said:

Was it not that they were looking for a back up for Robertson and ended up with Tsimikas instead?

Speaking of Tsimikas he wouldn't be the worst signing for some left back competition.

Oh aye I definitely don't suppose they'd have seen him to displace Robertson in the team but they must have saw something.

Then again, fair point re: Tsimikas, although their fans wanted him in the team at points last season.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hard one. We were never disappointed with Targett but Howe kept him out very happily, so it will be very interesting to see what type of LB he wants. 

I can see why you think that looking how the season played out but EH did start with Targett and was never dropped. Just never got back in after injury until fit then was given a chance in the Cup and still didn’t look fit. Meanwhile Burn played his part in the club breaking all kind of club defensive records etc. Made sure he got a game time last couple of games of the season with the last one replacing Burn in his natural position.

Get a bit of defensive discipline into Robinson, get him drilled into our defensive lines and I think he could transform our left hand side. I really do like the look of him, all depends if we believe we can get him sorted defensively. I know that sounds a bit mad as he is a LB; he just seems a bit detached from the other defenders when I’ve watched him for Fulham.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is he better than Targett?

Probably not defensively but there is things like his positioning when he doesn’t have the ball that Howe could work with quickly.

I also think Burn is better defensively than Tierney by the way.

He is very good at getting up and down the left hand side and carries the ball well, he also has recovery pace which we are crying out for and is comfortable in possession.

1 minute ago, BrianSwan said:

Newcastle are above signings like Robinson now.

Champions League, FFS.

Liverpool signed Robertson from recently relegated Hull when they made it back to the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Liverpool signed Robertson from recently relegated Hull when they made it back to the Champions League.

Remember seeing Robertson play for Hearts a couple of games and Hull against us in a cup tie (which we lost on penalties) and he stood out a mile with his desire, energy and attitude.