Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

On 14/06/2023 at 15:26, Coffee_Johnny said:

Anyone know much about Tonali? Sounds exceptional to me (can’t recall seeing him play). 

https://www.footballfancast.com/newcastle-eddie-howe-bruno-guimaraes-sandro-tonali-premier-league-transfer-news-rumours-nufc/

IMG_6543.thumb.jpeg.8f4dd0c4593d762117570d87287fda86.jpeg

Re-hashed blurb about latest link. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

47 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Tonali has mega potential, but if he’s had a slight dip he might be gettable in the way that Isak was. 

A £100m player for £60m, if you like. 

Isak had a release clause of 60m. For 50m euros Newcastle could get players like Amrabat or Lorenzo Pellegrini, not Tonali.

Leicester City want more than £50m for England midfielder James Maddison, 26, amid interest from Tottenham and Newcastle. (Sky Sports)

Newcastle are considering ending their interest in Inter Milan and Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, 26. (Independent)

But Newcastle will target the signing of 20-year-old German forward Derry Scherhant from Hertha Berlin. (Telegraph - subscription required)

21 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Tonali has mega potential, but if he’s had a slight dip he might be gettable in the way that Isak was. 

A £100m player for £60m, if you like. 

Tonali is not gettable. Milan have no need to sell, we have the strongest financial foundations in Italy with Juventus, and of all of our players, we need him for homegrown rules.

You'd have to pay 100m, sterling, to get him.

22 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Obviously total guesswork on my part, but I wonder if our journos caught wind of a delegation in Milan and we've fed them Barella to cover our tracks. The way Tonali had broke and the calibre of player feels way more realistic.

Barella is more likely (but not at the price quoted) and Inter need to sell players. It looks more like our owners want to show that they are turning down EPL offers to ingratiate themselves with fans.

Our owner just fired (wrongly) Maldini because his ego got bruised, I doubt he's about to sell Tonali. He's on thin ice with fans as is.

Italian media is far more inclined towards protecting Inter, as they are favored by the journalist class and elite of society.

Edited by Milanista

2 hours ago, Milanista said:

Tonali is not gettable. Milan have no need to sell, we have the strongest financial foundations in Italy with Juventus--and they are a mess administratively--and of all of our players, we need him for homegrown rules.

You'd have to pay 100m, sterling, to get him.

Barella is more likely (but not at the price quoted) and Inter need to sell players. It looks more like our owners want to show that they are turning down EPL offers to ingratiate themselves with fans.

Our owner just fired (wrongly) Maldini because his ego got bruised, I doubt he's about to sell Tonali. He's on thin ice with fans as is.

Italian media is far more inclined towards protecting Inter, as they are favored by the journalist class and elite of society.

While all that makes sense, you were wrong about Botman and Maldini in the past, so I’m inclined to believe this could happen 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Hope to see some movement soon. By this week last year we had Pope and Targett done. By the week after we had Botman.

Helped us a lot last season having Pope and Botman bedded in by pre-season.

In fairness signing Pope from a relegated Burnley and Targett who we had an option to buy was a lot easier than the players we are targeting this summer.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Hope to see some movement soon. By this week last year we had Pope and Targett done. By the week after we had Botman.

Helped us a lot last season having Pope and Botman bedded in by pre-season.

We're gonna be fucked if we don't have at least 2 players in by the middle of next week.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We're gonna be fucked if we don't have at least 2 players in by the middle of next week.

Do you mean 'we' as in this place? If so, then yeah. The club will be fine, pre-season is still a few weeks away. 

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Do you mean 'we' as in this place? If so, then yeah. The club will be fine, pre-season is still a few weeks away. 

I think we'll do a Leicester if we don't have double pivot number 6 and a Trequartista from Bundesliga in by the middle of next week. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

I’ve never heard of him but he has great stats in the Russian league.

There's already the superb Armenian food van at the Quayside market so I assume the lad will feel right at home.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think we'll do a Leicester if we don't have double pivot number 6 and a Trequartista from Bundesliga in by the middle of next week. Just my opinion.

Win the league? Bold and slightly paradoxical prediction. I like it! 

2 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

I’ve never heard of him but he has great stats in the Russian league.

Played against Wales t'other day. Their striker, Ramos, looks a good prospect too, plays for Bayern's B team.

Great chance to have a SOAD/Serj Tankian song for him too.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:
2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

All I remember about that guy is him winding Nunez up to the point of getting him sent off. 

He’s an excellent defender and his long range passing is brilliant.

Indeed, slow as shit though.