Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

Quite worrying when an hour on and neither the club or the local journalists have come out and denied it.

Do clubs ever comment on transfer rumours?

This is quite clearly absolute horseshit.

Just now, brummie said:

Do clubs ever comment on transfer rumours?

This is quite clearly absolute horseshit.

Yeah, why the fuck would anyone even dignify it with a comment?

I am worried, I can't lead a normal life until I understand why we're swapping Bruno for a Leeds reject and why PIF are bailing out Chelsea and not spending £500m this transfer window on us.

Craig Hopes transfer update Vlog thingy.

Without turning it into a Craig Hope slag fest, it certainly gives me an idea of how Newcastle are approaching this window or perhaps more specifically how they want journalists to think they are approaching the window.

To me, it's seems obvious that come September 1st, we will have the 2/3 quality additions that Howe wants. We are just playing the smart game.

Just like last summer, we are going to allow the "big fish" to show their hand... Rice to Arsenal, Caicedo to Chelsea etc. We will wait until some of our targets are no longer on the radars of the clubs willing to pay huge wages. No agent is going to allow their clients to join us when someone like Chelsea have had a passing interest in their player.  Too much money is at stake.

I believe this is how we ended up getting Isak.

The bad news is that we may have to wait a few weeks for things to settle. I've no doubt we will hoy 60m on a player if required though.

17 minutes ago, STM said:

The bad news is that we may have to wait a few weeks for things to settle. I've no doubt we will hoy 60m on a player if required though.

This place will be like Lord of the Flies if it's a few weeks before anything happens. 

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

It’s over. Goodbye king 

I love that his literal next tweet is that we're working on a contract extension for Bruno :lol:

Edited by woody

Genuinely have no idea how people manage to continue to post so much when literally nothing has happened for weeks :lol:

I get it's all speculation and it's harmless etc but there's virtually nothing to discuss atm

12 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Who the fuck did that contract,

" he's not signing a contract unless a deal is stuck during a full moon and he can only leave if the tea lady sees 5 magpies" 

I think internally the club are fairly relaxed as things stand right now regarding transfers because I think they have already done the heavy spadework with their ‘list’ and are confident in signing the one or two players they really want on that list.

And that’s why it’s kind of been quiet (compared to previous early windows post takeover anyway and what’s happening with other clubs) despite the constant links to either the same usual names or new names thrown about by the media who don’t seem to have a clue really and that’s because in truth (something the media don’t know the meaning of), they actually don’t. 

They most definitely don’t have a clue about budgets and while FFP could replace the club’s official nickname given that’s how much it’s used next to the name of ‘Newcastle United’ these days, I think the whole FFP thing, despite being a very real issue, if not a total bullshit one in terms of its creation, existence and enforcement or lack of, isn't the big deal it’s made out to be by both the club and especially the media. How much we will or won’t or can or can’t spend isn’t the issue or something that we have a limit on, it’s how much wages we will or won’t or can or can’t pay a player that’s the real issue with.

Isak for the huge record fee of £63m in total on his current wages was no problem at all. Now if we had to pay him double those wages, that would have been a problem and will remain so until revenues increase and keep increasing.

We’ll see movement soon in my opinion after the internationals and we see more players returning from their pre-season holidays. That and we will be watching who other clubs are interested in and want or not as well.

I think we’ll get Maddison who we have already attempted to sign last season and seem eager to land, some higher quality squad level players and maybe one out of nowhere type big signing like we did with Isak. We have already or are in the process of adding players for future development not ready for first-team action right now.

Basically, we need to chill and ignore most of the noises in the media. This is the most relaxed I’ve been in over two decades regarding the transfer window despite not being as this excited before as I am at the mere thought of how our squad will look like once the window closes.

Edited by Tiburon

30 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

I think internally the club are fairly relaxed as things stand right now regarding transfers because I think they have already done the heavy spadework with their ‘list’ and are confident in signing the one or two players they really want on that list.

And that’s why it’s kind of been quiet (compared to previous early windows post takeover anyway and what’s happening with other clubs) despite the constant links to either the same usual names or new names thrown about by the media who don’t seem to have a clue really and that’s because in truth (something the media don’t know the meaning of), they actually don’t. 

They most definitely don’t have a clue about budgets and while FFP could replace the club’s official nickname given that’s how much it’s used next to the name of ‘Newcastle United’ these days, I think the whole FFP thing, despite being a very real issue, if not a total bullshit one in terms of its creation, existence and enforcement or lack of, isn't the big deal it’s made out to be by both the club and especially the media. How much we will or won’t or can or can’t spend isn’t the issue or something that we have a limit on, it’s how much wages we will or won’t or can or can’t pay a player that’s the real issue with.

Isak for the huge record fee of £63m in total on his current wages was no problem at all. Now if we had to pay him double those wages, that would have been a problem and will remain so until revenues increase and keep increasing.

We’ll see movement soon in my opinion after the internationals and we see more players returning from their pre-season holidays. That and we will be watching who other clubs are interested in and want or not as well.

I think we’ll get Maddison who we have already attempted to sign last season and seem eager to land, some higher quality squad level players and maybe one out of nowhere type big signing like we did with Isak. We have already or are in the process of adding players for future development not ready for first-team action right now.

Basically, we need to chill and ignore most of the noises in the media. This is the most relaxed I’ve been in over two decades regarding the transfer window despite not being as this excited before as I am at the mere thought of how our squad will look like once the window closes.

But if the club is after players like Botman, Bruno and Isak, that is, young players that are not on the radar of the big teams, the negotiations should not take long.