Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

The bed wetting on here is hilarious, I will start to get worried if there’s still nobody through the door at the start of next week 

Any team is only a few injuries away from being a total disaster. We’re the same, perhaps a little more acute in that striker position but overall I think we’re ok at this point. If the window closed I’d still have us down for a top half of table finish, even with a few injuries along the way.

A few reinforcements and I think we have a chance of top 6 this year but also important to remember it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Guest HTT II
39 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

The bed wetting on here is hilarious, I will start to get worried if there’s still nobody through the door at the start of next week 

I don’t see much bed wetting, let’s face it we are a week or so away from the window closing and we haven’t yet signed any of our rumoured/reported attacking targets, two types of players at least we are desperate for, add in the fact our number 9 is injury prone and is currently having a scan on a hamstring injury which I fear will be worse than anticipated. 

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Any team is only a few injuries away from being a total disaster. We’re the same, perhaps a little more acute in that striker position but overall I think we’re ok at this point. If the window closed I’d still have us down for a top half of table finish, even with a few injuries along the way.

A few reinforcements and I think we have a chance of top 6 this year but also important to remember it’s a marathon not a sprint.

That’s a fair assessment, to be fair. Liverpool have quite an injury list right now in key areas and it’s effecting them and they are a top side, any team losing a few key players will be effected. The situation with us though is say we lose Wilson, it’s Wood in for him. If we lose ASAM it’s who? We have lost Shelvey who did well last season under Howe, and although I don’t rate him highly, but given our lack of depth and strength, he will be a miss. 

Edited by HTT II

Are people seriously using the word ‘disaster’ here? Are we fucking kidding? Jesus wept. Mass fucking amnesia or what? Remember a year ago? Remember selling Carroll and Ba, buying Rivière? Going back further, selling Sir Les, Tino, Ginola and buying Carl Serrant, Des Hamilton and Andreas Andersen? 
Relegation is a disaster. Not going to happen. Cabbage heed was a disaster. Charnley and the FCB were a 15 year disaster. This is policy and sticking to a plan. 
Pull yourselves together you daft fannies. 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Then you will be the bedwetter, there will still be 4 days left in the window at the start of next week.

They reported on our alleged interest just as the guy was sitting down to sign his new deal, clearly have their fingers on the pulse :lol: and presenting the information about a potential new deal (which has been out there for a while) is a great way to hedge your bets and mix truth with bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t they say we bid but he’s also been offered a new deal ? 

Exactly. It's quite straightforward.

Not to mention it had already been mentioned a day or two before that Rennes were holding off on our interest and trying to tie him down to a new deal.