Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Pedro, Isak and a CM on loan, or someone a bit cheaper as a bit of a squad player, even.  Then it has been some window.  

I still worry we are light at CM.  Unless he really thinks Anderson is ready and he sees him playing in place of Willock/Joelinton at times, or he thinks Almiron can fill in.  Then I think we are really light.  Longstaff isn't good enough to be starting regularly and Bruno is the only one that can play that deeper role effectively.  

I was talking to @Lennythe other day, and he mentioned that arguably Almiron has all the tools to do the role Willock tends to be asked to do, and it would free him of the burden of having to finish.

31 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Wasnt there rumours a month or 2 ago that we would be back in for the Paq man in the final week of the window?

Before we were forced to bring in Isak to cover Wilson’s injury? Can’t see us bringing in Isak, Pedro and another £40m player.

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Before we were forced to bring in Isak to cover Wilson’s injury? Can’t see us bringing in Isak, Pedro and another £40m player.

I couldn't imagine us getting Isak 2 hours ago so who knows what's possible at this point.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I couldn't imagine us getting Isak 2 hours ago so who knows what's possible at this point.

This. Everything is out the window right now, fuck knows what's next.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think Pedro plus a ‘marquee’ player was always on the cards. Not sure they wanted to pull the trigger on an elite striker in this window until Wilson’s injury. We’ve obviously shifted the priority. Maybe we’ll come for Maddison next summer.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

I think Pedro plus a ‘marquee’ player was always on the cards. Not sure they wanted to pull the trigger on an elite striker in this window until Wilson’s injury. We’ve obviously shifted the priority. Maybe we’ll come for Maddison next summer.

I'd say now looking at Isak as the marquee player drops a lot of the need for Pedro, so the Pedro money can be used for RW or (R)CM.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is we're not nearly as interested as this board is. 

It could well be that, however RW and RCM are still our weakest positions in the starting XI.

Just now, madras said:

It could well be that, however RW and RCM are still our weakest positions in the starting XI.

But if it's true we made an enquiry for Manu Kone, maybe a DM is more the priority following Shelvey's injury?

3 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd say now looking at Isak as the marquee player drops a lot of the need for Pedro, so the Pedro money can be used for RW or (R)CM.

That’s one approach but Pedro seems very advanced. Do we let Everton take over and fight WHU for Paqueta?

5 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

I was thinking  that the Harrison and Maddison interest might be a set up for next summer, they will both be in the last year of their contract then (I think?) so available at a better price. We are just letting them know we want them so if we come back in for them they can see they club has held a long term interest and has a plan for them.

I would imagine with players that we've previously had interested in (Paqueta etc) the club has probably asked the sellers to keep them informed of offers that are going in, on the off chance that we would be willing to match it/improve on it.

Just now, TRon said:

But if it's true we made an enquiry for Manu Kone, maybe a DM is more the priority following Shelvey's injury?

For starting XI ? I wouldn't say so if we are sticking to 433.

Saying that I don't know much about Kone tbh, could he play that RCM ? Saw him more of a CM myself

I heard Jamie Reuben managed to get his hands on a PS5 so he's flying down there now to hijack the deal. Should be able to Click & Collect from Westfield Stratford Argos if he doesn't fancy taking electricals in his carry on. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

For starting XI ? I wouldn't say so if we are sticking to 433.

Saying that I don't know much about Kone tbh, could he play that RCM ? Saw him more of a CM myself

He's a proper DM from all reports, but also one who's insanely good at carrying the ball, although still very young.

Guest HTT II

Seems we’re now after a DCM/Shelvey alternative rather than an attacking midfielder, with Howe happy with Almiron on the right… We won’t be buying Paqueta!