Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not seen any form of talent with Gordon personally. An engine and a little pace.

He has looked absolute dross this season. Second half of last season he looked like he was starting to understand how to use his pace and constant running to pin opposition full backs back, and make dangerous runs into the box. I do think Howe and his team could turn him into a useful player to have. 

That being said, the man is a little rat-faced cunt who attempts to wind players up constantly, and throws himself to the floor at the sniff of a challenge trying to win a free kick or pen. If he did sign (which I don't think he will, this is all Casey BS), it will take a looooong time to grow to even like the guy.

If Howe is happy to push for him then that's enough for me, every signing so far has been from a thought out process and arguably the least successful (Wood) has still proved fruitful.

Someone's coming, we know they wouldn't have let Wood leave if there wasn't an almost certainty we'd have a replacement.

Cant see it necessarily being a like for like positional replacement for Wood. An extra CM or a player who can play across the front 3 is more likely I think.

I'd be surprised if we do sign the 18yr old lad from Brazil that he'd be the only signing. We'd need someone who can get into the team sooner than later if needed.

I wouldn't pay more than 20 mil for Gordon, but it's also worth remembering that he's only 20 this year. Get him in as a bench player, coach him on focus, concentration and finishing, demand that he cut out the moaning, diving and general cuntishness, bring him in later on in matches, and he'd be a useful replacement for Fraser.

Apologies for posting as no substance, but it at least whets the appetite:

“NEWCASTLE READY TO MOVE THROUGH NINE-MAN LIST
Newcastle have been quiet so far this month but that could all change in the last 11 days of the window.

The Telegraph has been told by a ‘well-placed source’ that the Magpies are ‘getting their ducks lined up’ and they have been doing checks on a nine-man transfer list.

We already know it includes Ziyech as one of three Chelsea players. Anthony Gordon remains a target despite a miserable season so far with Everton, while their list of midfielders features Youri Tielemans, Ruben Neves and Scott McTominay. James Maddison is also still on Toon’s radar but it seems the Leicester star isn’t quite as keen to move to the North East.

Elsewhere, the Daily Mail says Newcastle have submitted a £13.5million offer for 18-year-old Flamengo forward Matheus Franca, while El Nacional claims they are one of two teams eyeing a move for Real Madrid veteran Luka Modric, with Inter Milan also keen on the Croatia star.”

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

With regards Gordon, I remember a similar reaction when we signed a certain Craig Bellamy. Based on what I watched last season, there's definitely a player in there somewhere who is suffering at a club that is imploding and playing for a shit manager. 

I wouldn't pay anywhere near £50m for him mind, but definitely worth a punt for half of that.

Yeah, at least if we sign him, he'll be our irritant, not anyone else's, which makes all the difference.

I'm not sure exactly what's happened at Everton, but he's a good player.

Just now, Cronky said:

Yeah, at least if we sign him, he'll be our irritant, not anyone else's, which makes all the difference.

I'm not sure exactly what's happened at Everton, but he's a good player.

I've never been a fan of us signing Gordon but the thought of adding an another player who seems to excel at winding up the opposition does make it slightly more appealing and like you say the fact he'd be our irritating little cunt if it did happen, i reckon i could get onboard with it if he's who Howe wants. :icon_salut:

27 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Excited for Howes presser where he says we’re not close to any transfers.

We then get a few hours of the bed wetters in full meltdown that we’re not signing anyone.

Only 20 minutes to wait 

I'm well in the minority but I've always liked Gordon.

He's always one the better players when we play them. He's young. He grafts his arse off. He's versatile. He's an absolute little rat (good if he's on your team).

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lots of Twitter talk of Fresneda to Arsenal. Not sure of the original source though. 

As soon as I heard they were interested I knew we were out. Spanish manager who probably had a phone-call with him 

about their plan.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lots of Twitter talk of Fresneda to Arsenal. Not sure of the original source though. 

Shame as he seems highly rated, we seem to be targeting a lot of top quality youngsters but not managing to close out any of the deals currently.

27 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I wouldn't pay more than 20 mil for Gordon, but it's also worth remembering that he's only 20 this year. Get him in as a bench player, coach him on focus, concentration and finishing, demand that he cut out the moaning, diving and general cuntishness, bring him in later on in matches, and he'd be a useful replacement for Fraser.

20? He turns 22 next month

I do think he has enough raw ability for Howe to work with but not for the prices being mentioned and he's thoroughly unlikeable 

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not seen any form of talent with Gordon personally. An engine and a little pace.

He'd be good in Howes press setup, which is why I wouldn't rule it out and see why we're linked, but I don't think he has enough creativity to push us on. He's better than Murphy & Fraser, if we can shift them and condense into him then great, but even with his and his clubs stock dramatically fallen I still think it'll be far too expensive for what we'd get in return. We've just corrected the over pay on wood, let's not do it again.