Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I definitely got the feeling it wasn’t Howe’s decision to let him go either.

I got the feeling they weren't looking to move him necessarily, but that Forest made a really good offer that made sense from a financial and longer term view, which is good reasoning.

The club knows how much being stuck with deadwood on big wages has hamstrung us, and Ashworth has underlined the importance of being good buyers and sellers for FFP. When you get a good offer for a player with no long term future you have to snatch at it in our situation.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

The club knows how much being stuck with deadwood on big wages has hamstrung us, and Ashworth has underlined the importance of being good buyers and sellers for FFP. When you get a good offer for a player with no long term future you have to snatch at it in our situation.

Just going to take a while to get used to be well run on the transfer front. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

There are times when the bank balance is important. As much as I love Eddie, you can't turn down 15m for Wood.

£15m would break-even with FFP right?

2.5 year deal at @£25m - £10m a year FFP amortisation. Sell him with 18 months left on his deal @ £15m - that's break-even right?

11 minutes ago, STM said:

I got the impression he wasn't happy about losing Wood.

Disagree. He was clear in saying Wood was a good signing last season for the position we were in. We are clearly in different circumstances and I don’t think the Wood is the style of player Eddie wants. We don’t play to his strengths and he doesn’t play to ours and by most accounts Wood wanted to stay and Howe told him he wouldn’t get much game time 

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

Sounds like he wants someone versatile up top, a Marcus Thuram if you like..

Arnaut Danjuma would have made a ton of sense too, as he can also play across the front line and has experience of the league and so would be ready to play in that regard.

However, it's been pointed out that he didn't feature as much under Howe at Bournemouth and really only came to the fore after Howe left, and so maybe Eddie doesn't rate him as highly.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Exactly. It isn’t just 15-20 mill towards another transfer, it’s also 80,000 per week off the wage bill for the next 18 months. 

If we are smart we can do a fair bit with that money. 

We do need to replace him. Selling first isn't ideal.

If I was a selling club I would make us wait as long as possible and jack up the price. We've got 2 strikers, 1 is injury-prone, the other has recently had a long injury setback. We might have a cup final. We are flush. And should be pushing for a top 4 finish. Can't mess all of that up by not having enough strikers - it's not worth quibbling over £5m-£10m for a quality player. Teams will try and call our bluff.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Arnaut Danjuma would have made a ton of sense too, as he can also play across the front line and has experience of the league and so would be ready to play in that regard.

However, it's been pointed out that he didn't feature as much under Howe at Bournemouth and really only came to the fore after Howe left, and so maybe Eddie doesn't rate him as highly.

Shame really. He's improved a bucketload at Villarreal. Would be a good signing for us. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Disagree. He was clear in saying Wood was a good signing last season for Ffs position we were in. We are clearly in different circumstances and I don’t think the Wood is the style of player Eddie wants. We don’t play to his strengths and he doesn’t play to ours and by most accounts Wood wanted to stay and Howe told him he wouldn’t get much game time 

I used to look at the league table and go "for fuck sake" as well

15 minutes ago, STM said:

There was a huge hint from Eddie about it being someone "not necessarily with PL experiance".

It's quite a bold thing for him to affectively lay down the gauntlet to our recruitment team too. I got the impression he wasn't happy about losing Wood.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying there's some sort of rift, more that our manager had his hands tied when I came to letting Wood go.

Head Coach.

Just now, UncleBingo said:

I can see us going back in for Ramos.

Wont happen in January if so I’d have though. They’re best chance for a few years to win the league and sitting on a favourable draw in the CL. Plus you can’t imagine his value will depreciate over the next few months.

Ship has sailed on Ramos. This past summer was the time to do a deal for him.

Going to cost £60 million at the least going forward now. Don't think we'll be looking to spend that much on another striker.

I cannot see any kind of reasoning behind going for Ziyech. He's been shocking at Chelsea, he's not a young player that you'd think might improve, he gets injured a lot, and he's likely on a big wage coming from those clowns. Would be a horrid move.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Will throw Sarr's name into the mix again

Not a bad shout. Has looked great this season, and has stayed fit. Watford are a pain in the backside to negotiate with though, and they will not be looking to lose him.

Edited by KaKa

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ship has sailed on Ramos. This past summer was the time to do a deal for him.

Going to cost £60 million at the least going forward now. Don't think we'll be looking to spend that much on another striker.

Nah, we can't. Seems like Isak is firmly a central player if they're letting Wood go, and now we'll bring in someone versatile who can play wide, and maybe a CM as well.