Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

On 10/03/2023 at 22:41, Bada Bing said:

Why?

Not being an arse but I genuinely don't understand this view.

Because Howe had proved that he can turn someone into quality players , Joelinton, Almiron, Schar, Longstaff etc.  If Howe see something in McTominay and wants him , i'll support the move and trust Howe can turn him into a player good for our team

14 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

When will the Saudis go BIG?

I don't think they will. This is a very different set up from the one that exists at Man City, Chelsea or PSG. The Sovereign Wealth Fund apparently acts like a pension fund, making long-term investments with a view to maintaining a prosperous future. It's not someone deciding to blow an inflated fortune for the vicarious glory of winning trophies at football. 

Not that I think they would sell at a price we would go for, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us at least try for Watkins in the summer. Seems the perfect Howe striker and would be excellent in our system and style.

3 hours ago, teohgk said:

Because Howe had proved that he can turn someone into quality players , Joelinton, Almiron, Schar, Longstaff etc.  If Howe see something in McTominay and wants him , i'll support the move and trust Howe can turn him into a player good for our team

Ten Hag hasn't done much with him, he's a decent manager.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Does feel like he would be a perfect signing, a lot of surprise when he joined Fulham, wonder if he has some sort of release clause.

He’s so good, yeah not sure of his price but he’s one of the best in the league imo, they look awful without him 

29 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

He’s so good, yeah not sure of his price but he’s one of the best in the league imo, they look awful without him 

Which sucks for them because, whether it's us or another team in the top 6, he is surely going to have no shortage of offers in the Summer. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interested in Paulinha according to the sun.

Too late should have got him last summer. He cost Fulham £15 million which in hindsight was outrageous value. Can't believe we were after a number 6 and he wasn't on the list.

Fulham are going places and will be looking to build on what they have. They are looking like they are going to be in Europe next season too. Any conversations for him would start at around £60 million, and I can't see us doing that as there are too many other decent DMs of a similar profile on the continent that could be had for much better value.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not that I think they would sell at a price we would go for, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us at least try for Watkins in the summer. Seems the perfect Howe striker and would be excellent in our system and style.

No chance. Villa are rich and have the same ambitions we do of ruffling the feathers of the traditional so called 'top cubs' they will not be selling any players to us. Not to mention he is English on top of that. If we even thought about enquiring about him they would quote us £100 million just to take the piss, and even if we were crazy enough to bid that they would then reject it.

Apart from that, although he has done well recently, there are some fantastic young strikers out there that would be much better value, and who I think are probably better than he is tbh. Would not be a smart move.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Too late should have got him last summer. He cost Fulham £15 million which in hindsight was outrageous value. Can't believe we were after a number 6 and he wasn't on the list.

Fulham are going places and will be looking to build on what they have. They are looking like they are going to be in Europe next season too. Any conversations for him would start at around £60 million, and I can't see us doing that as there are too many other decent DMs of a similar profile on the continent that could be had for much better value.

No chance. Villa are rich and have the same ambitions we do of ruffling the feathers of the traditional so called 'top cubs' they will not be selling any players to us. Not to mention he is English on top of that. If we even thought about enquiring about him they would quote us £100 million just to take the piss, and even if we were crazy enough to bid that they would then reject it.

Apart from that, although he has done well recently, there are some fantastic young strikers out there that would be much better value, and who I think are probably better than he is tbh. Would not be a smart move.

Yeah on Paulinha, the fact Fulham got him  makes me think there may be a release clause in there somewhere ? No information on this just a guess.

On Watkins, he was on our list last summer (according to the athletic), and we do seem to have long term targets so who knows. I’m with you in that a younger striker would make more sense.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah on Paulinha, the fact Fulham got him  makes me think there may be a release clause in there somewhere ? No information on this just a guess.

On Watkins, he was on our list last summer (according to the athletic), and we do seem to have long term targets so who knows. I’m with you in that a younger striker would make more sense.

Don't think there was any news of a release cause for Palhinha. Can't see why they would have added one in either. I think most other clubs were unsure on him and missed the boat, which is why he went to Fulham. Anyone that wants him at this stage will have to pay through the nose.

As far as Watkins, similar to DCL, who was apparently also on our list, I'd prefer for us to not go there because these sorts will never be had for any kind of realistic value. And quite frankly I'm not sure they will ever give any decent return. Watkins has been quite inconsistent overall for Villa, and DCL has been incredibly injury prone. And so although they both may have been on our list previously, I hope they have been removed.

Yes, he does feel like a Howe player. I'm unsure about him though. I kind of like him but not sure there's much more to get out of him. Thought he was younger too, he's 27.

Edited by Collage

Was reported to be quite high up on Howe’s list when he was at Leeds, but obviously didn’t have much hope with Barca interested. 

Could definitely see us being interested again if there was any kind of deal to be had.

23 hours ago, SAK said:

Leao has been pretty anonymous when I’ve watched Milan in CL this season, isn’t he pretty much their version if ASM I.e. hugely talented but a bit hit and miss?

Nah, he's great and I'd say out of our league for the time being.

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

Nah, he's great and I'd say out of our league for the time being.

I went to watch Milan play Spurs at the San Siro a few weeks ago. Theo Hernandez and Rafael Leao were on another level to every other player on the pitch that day.