Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel really sorry for Matt Targett like, he's literally not done anything averagely let alone badly. 

Agreed but it just doesn’t seem like he’s the long term solution.  Certainly will be something internal where they feel he isn’t quite good enough 

Edited by Andy84

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That’s pretty much what the article says in reference to Burn being the Botman back up. The article says the club are aware of the need for greater squad depth so think Targett and a new LB would see plenty of game time.

Ah, okay. Haven't read it yet, but yeah that makes perfect sense. Howe has always played with full backs that push forward while having his wide men slightly narrower, so that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Agreed but it just doesn’t seem like he’s the long term solution.  Certainly will be something internal where they feel he isn’t quite good enough 

What? ... um, no. I see people have already forgot about the performances he was putting in last season. If they didn't think he wasn't good enough they would have sent him back after the loan.

We are going to have to have two decent players in each position going forward and so it makes sense we will be getting in another left back. 

Edited by KaKa

Targett is good enough or else we won’t bring him in. The club is having doubt on his recovery rather than his natural ability, which is fair imo 

if he could put in a few performance before the end of the season we might not buy a new LB. That’s my feeling

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Good to see Joao Pedro's name still on the list, as he should be more available this summer with Watford not looking like they will come up.

Think he'd be a great rotation option/understudy to Isak going forward, as he has a similar game in that he drops into space and runs the channels and is an excellent dribbler. He can also cover both wide positions.

Good little graphic on a couple of those 

EF158F64-45C8-4F0A-B409-38B4712E8BAF.jpeg

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

If he's got the fitness levels of his brother I'd be all over that. Inaki at one point had played over 200 games consecutively for  Bilbao, don't know if that's still going on.

He missed a game in January with a hamstring injury after 251 consecutive games. Crazy record!

Just now, Away Toon said:

Anybody who watched Robinson for Fulham at the weekend would have quickly crossed him off the list. 

He really was incredibly bad, albeit against tough opposition.

11 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

If it was me I’d take Lavia, won’t cost as much, only 19. Can progress well, good technical player. Big fan. 

Think Man City have a buy back option of around 40 million so it’s going to be around that price you would imagine.

With that Athletic article saying we are looking for technical players with power, pace and athleticism, surely we'd be looking at Marcus Thuram who is on a free this summer? Can play across the front three too. I like him a lot.

Seems too good an option to pass up if we can do a deal there.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

With that Athletic article saying we are looking for technical players with power, pace and athleticism, surely we'd be looking at Marcus Thuram who is on a free this summer? Can play across the front three too. I like him a lot.

Seems too good an option to pass up if we can do a deal there.

Osimhen incoming 😎