Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Never seen this lad have a good game.

Never looked a EPL CB.

If Barca need money, let's have Raphinha or a kid.

Just me then! Thought he’s been good this season? Plays well for Spain too? Yeah, would have Raphinha over him, but was just throwing the name out for a CB choice.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't think we are, they'd snap our hands off

Let's try a different player, if Villa bid £100m for Willock what do you think we would do?

Watkins is Villa's best player right now, which is why I compared him to Bruno, who is our best, but if that is too far fetched then let's say Joelinton rather than Willock. Would we accept a £100 million bid from Villa specifically, bearing in mind we have money already and they are direct competitors at the minute? 

I don't think we would. It's about the optics of either club selling a major asset to the other specifically, bearing in mind the money we both have and the similar ambitions. Think they would avoid it at all costs.

59 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Oh. Definitely me then! 😬🤦‍♂️😂

I haven’t seen much of him this season either - whether he has an injury or not? Have seen a fair few Barca games now 

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

We absolutely would accept £100m from villa for Willock man.

edit: or big joe.

Honestly speaking, I would rather have either of those two over Watkins. Even without the goals they bring more box to box.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Watkins is Villa's best player right now, which is why I compared him to Bruno, who is our best, but if that is too far fetched then let's say Joelinton rather than Willock. Would we accept a £100 million bid from Villa specifically, bearing in mind we have money already and they are direct competitors at the minute? 

I don't think we would. It's about the optics of either club selling a major asset to the other specifically, bearing in mind the money we both have and the similar ambitions. Think they would avoid it at all costs.

We absolutely would accept that for Joelinton, you are mad if you think otherwise 

Even though the owners have money the club isn't in that position yet where we can turn down that amount of money

6 minutes ago, STM said:

The only player we don't sell for 100m is Bruno and possibly Isak.

I do think the potential to increase FFP revenue by selling isak or bruno for 100m to any team. Rival or not is a nailed on certainty. 

If we offered city 100m for haaland. He would be a Geordie 

24 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I do think the potential to increase FFP revenue by selling isak or bruno for 100m to any team. Rival or not is a nailed on certainty. 

If we offered city 100m for haaland. He would be a Geordie 

I honestly don't think he would be.

Having Haaland is worth more to Man City than £100m.

I also think the FFP improvement thing is a circular argument. You sell those players for those profits and boost your FFP figures, but then you only have to go out and spend that same money again to replace them because everyone's seen what those two went for.

It doesn't how rich a clubs owners are unless you are in champions league regularly and/or have massive sponsors backing you FFP will always limit you. 

100m sale is massive for clubs as that gets put on the sheets as one lump sum where as signing players is spread out over their contracts. So it allows them to spend way more than that £100m in the same window. 

Let's go for an old school "players from (potential) relegated clubs" post, I won't include Wolves, as i just don't see it:

Palace: Eze, Andersen.

Forest: Johnson, Gibbs-White

Everton: DCL (at a cut rate), Onana

Leicester: Barnes, Maddison

West Ham: Rice (unlikely), Paqueta (aye go on then), Zouma/Aguerd, Bowen

Bournemouth: Solanke (would be a solid option), IDK any of their players [emoji38]

Leeds: Gnonto

Southampton: Lavia, Salisu, JWP.

Anyone else to be considered?

Tyler Adams from Leeds could be a decent pick up I think. If Livramento wasn't crocked he could have been good from Southampton but maybe a risk following his injury

I thought that Outtara lad was a right handful for Bournemouth against Liverpool. One to keep an eye on

Salisu always looks like a disaster waiting to happen whenever I watch him but people on here seem to rate him highly so I might be just watching the wrong games

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Olise, Guehi, Billing, Iheanacho, that young winger Soton signed from City, KWP, the yank DMs at Leeds?

Iheanacho would be an awful pick up I reckon.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's go for an old school "players from (potential) relegated clubs" post, I won't include Wolves, as i just don't see it:

Palace: Eze, Andersen.

Forest: Johnson, Gibbs-White

Everton: DCL (at a cut rate), Onana

Leicester: Barnes, Maddison

West Ham: Rice (unlikely), Paqueta (aye go on then), Zouma/Aguerd, Bowen

Bournemouth: Solanke (would be a solid option), IDK any of their players [emoji38]

Leeds: Gnonto

Southampton: Lavia, Salisu, JWP.

Anyone else to be considered?

Kyle Walker Peters from Southampton would be a great pickup