Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently he's primarily a right sided number eight, but has played all the shop this season. It seems to fit the mould: release clause, can play in a multiple positions but potentially upgrades a weaker area in the team.

Be nice if he was competition for Longstaff. 

Tbh with so many super clubs circling the highest value targets like Rice and Ugarte, this is the sort of signing I could see us going for. The price is doable, and the upside is the potential. A bit like the Jao Pedro signing which never happened, but that he's now gone to Brighton says plenty about the potential in that one as well.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why's it almost certainly?

Because I suspect it will be the case with the majority of links this summer, and he's already been linked with Man Utd, Madrid and various other top clubs over the past few weeks. Will get excited when we have something more concrete personally, can't remember Marca being that reliable a source in recent years. 

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Because I suspect it will be the case with the majority of links this summer, and he's already been linked with Man Utd, Madrid and various other top clubs over the past few weeks. Will get excited when we have something more concrete personally, can't remember Marca being that reliable a source in recent years. 

He has an affordable buyout clause so it's not like there's going to be a bidding war, the other clubs previously linked pay bigger wages than us and we've had scouts out to watch him so chances are we've made contact. 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Without wanting to get ahead of ourselves, here's a nice video about Szoboszlai.

Speaks good English; worked with Yank Lampard at Leipzig; extremely suited for a high-pressing style of football like the RB teams (and ourselves) play. Wants to win the Champions League :bluestar:

Why the hell not, eh?

Almost as sexy as wor Fabien

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He has an affordable buyout clause so it's not like there's going to be a bidding war, the other clubs previously linked pay bigger wages than us and we've had scouts out to watch him so chances are we've made contact. 

Where has this been reported?

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Is he going to considerably improve our starting eleven this season as that is what we should be looking to spend our transfer funds on.

Yes

6 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Is he going to considerably improve our starting eleven this season as that is what we should be looking to spend our transfer funds on.

I'd agree with this line of thinking for an older player or a very expensive player, but not for a relatively cheap 21 year old who could still improve.