Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 hours ago, Sufi said:

Just had a look at his videos and everything about the way he plays reminds me so much of Bruno. Looks like a good player. 

Edit: a cross between Bruno and Almiron. 70% Bruno and 30% Almiron.

If this happens I think it confirms that EH is trying to build the most tenacious squad in the history of football. 

He is trying to do that anyway! :indi:

14 minutes ago, Paully said:

If Man City get Kovacic then I think we'll be in for Philips

Man City are always a bit tight around the homegrown quota. Unless I’m missing someone they have:

Carson

Walker

Stones

Phillips

Lewis

Grealish

Foden

Palmer

*not sure whether some of them even count due to age

So unless they have another kid ready to step up, they would have to be buying a homegrown replacement if any of the above were sold

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Linked with Harvey Barnes by the ever reliable Football Insider. 

Haha well this is probably complete bullshit too but my pub friends’ Northern Irish mate was in the boozer yesterday and he said he is friends with Barnes Dad and Howe has already spoken with him. Make of that what you will as I said 🤷‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Haha well this is probably complete bullshit too but my pub friends’ Northern Irish mate was in the boozer yesterday and he said he is friends with Barnes Dad and Howe has already spoken with him. Make of that what you will as I said 🤷‍♂️ 

Is your pub friends Northern Irish mate Brendan Rodgers?

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Prefer Thuram but if he goes to Liverpool this guy looks like a very decent alternative, especially at that price.

I don't know anywhere near as much about Thuram. Is he a similar sort of player?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t see us signing a left winger this window after spending 45 million on Gordon in January. It’s RW we need.

Was thinking the same but oh further thought it means either we don’t see Gordon as a left winger or we won’t be seeing ASM again.  

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Was thinking the same but oh further thought it means either we don’t see Gordon as a left winger or we won’t be seeing ASM again.  

Think I’d rather keep ASM than sign Barnes for big money. Any wide player we sign this summer has to be in the elite or elite potential bracket. We have enough average to good ones already.

It was interesting on Tifo Podcast they were comparing NUFC to early-Klopp Liverpool which they said peaked in 19/20.  

Saying that the first signings made by Klopp:

Wijnaldum = Bruno

Mane = Isak

Van Dijk = Botman

Alisson = Pope

And then comparing the team set-up too

Oxlade-Chamberlain = Gordon (as fluid no. 8)

Lallana = Willock 

Keita = Joelinton 

Henderson = Longstaff

Trent = Trippier (i.e. ball playing RB)

Which then led them to speculate new signings if following this model 

Robertson = Tierney (or speedy LB to come in, who pushes on)

Salah = new elite RW to come in

Fabinho = new CM/DM to come in

Matip = Schar replacement perhaps

Interesting way of looking at it. 97 point season, here we come :)

Edited by kingxlnc

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Man City are always a bit tight around the homegrown quota. Unless I’m missing someone they have:

Carson

Walker

Stones

Phillips

Lewis

Grealish

Foden

Palmer

*not sure whether some of them even count due to age

So unless they have another kid ready to step up, they would have to be buying a homegrown replacement if any of the above were sold

Ake probably counts as homegrown? 

City didn't even name a full 25 squad so even if they ended up with only 7 homegrown player it's not an issue for them