Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, reefatoon said:

Have to go down to Manchester for a shite team day on transfer deadline day. Fucking bunch of bellends.

They tried to have a team day here on deadline day, told them to politely fuck off. More important things on the agenda :lol:

15 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:he's an absolute coward

He loves to pass backwards but mostly he hides, whenever I've watched him play he takes up the space which removes him as a passing option

Personally, I wouldn’t write him off character wise, as say ‘a coward’, the things you don’t like about his game are things that improve with the right kind of coaching/relationship, feeling psychologically safe and valued. He must have a lot of positive attributes and technical ability to have made through the system he developed within. If Howe fancies him as a potential asset, I’m fine with it. 

59 minutes ago, HTT II said:

After the Man City match he apparently had a right go at the transfer team, saying:

Here man ye fucking daft cunts, it’s your uncle Yasir here ha ha, what the fuck have yeez been deeing since we signed Batman ye daft cunts, get some fucking players signed noo before I spark awl yee’s lot you fucking daft cunts. If yee’s divent get a few more in I’ll set wor Salman on yee’s!

Wonder if that’s how the audience, after the audience with ASM, went? Pure speculation—but so what/that’s what we mainly do here—but can’t help thinking if his presence for such a good performance against UAE Citeh, and how beguiling the whole SJP on a good day vibe can be, was in some way linked to the purse strings being opened? Alongside threat of losing our only reliable goal scoring striker, maybe led to a courage and hope, over patience and slow build, approach to improving the team. Here’s hoping we have more of the same. Paqueta is available, go get him Dan! 

Spoiler

984259CA-F0FF-41E3-9760-79BA5CC1D1D9.jpeg.f24193db77201d4ac5578d21c004fd55.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Signing two players the level of Botman and Isak is incredible. Anything on top of that would be an absolute bonus.

I know goalkeepers are relatively cheap, but the price we got Pope for is robbery too. Honestly it's an excellent window even if nothing else happens. 

The hunger for more I think is a combo of the excellent recruitment to date (and coaching) that has us very close to an incredibly exciting first XI and the disaster of a squad left by Ashley.

30 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Watching Darlow last night was scary. 

Yeah, my only criticism of Howe is that he should've started Dubs as number 1 until the first week of September when the window closed. Then he could have let Pope replace him and we'd have 2 decent keepers until January, with Dubs thinking he has a fair crack at re-establishing number 1 as he started the season as number 1. 

Maybe Howe's just too honest and decent to be as calculating and cunning as me though. Plus he probably wants to try his utmost to gain points, which meant starting the season with Pope.

Guest HTT II

I doubt Dubravka has thrown the towel in or had a bust up with anyone, I think the manager would have had a good chat with him when we were considering Pope and maybe both parties thought it would be best if he joined another team, out of respect for him and it frees up a squad number and potentially gives us some money, but we are waiting until very close to the window closes first. I wouldn’t let him go like, Darlow is tragedy on ice as a ‘keeper.

5 minutes ago, greydos said:

Yeah, my only criticism of Howe is that he should've started Dubs as number 1 until the first week of September when the window closed. Then he could have let Pope replace him and we'd have 2 decent keepers until January, with Dubs thinking he has a fair crack at re-establishing number 1 as he started the season as number 1. 

Maybe Howe's just too honest and decent to be as calculating and cunning as me though. Plus he probably wants to try his utmost to gain points, which meant starting the season with Pope.

We would have lost both the Brighton and Man City games.

6 minutes ago, greydos said:

wat?!

41 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Pope is an underrated upgrade, he's quality. 

Wasn't initially convinced by the signing. Was one of those who thought there was very little between Pope and Dubravka, especially when all the talk early in the summer was about how modest our budget might be. More than happy to admit I was wrong now. Think without Pope we get nothing from these past 2 games.