Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Isak and Gallagher on loan with option to buy would be nice. We might also submit a cheeky hopeful bid for someone around transfer day which will get rejected is my bet.

Gallagher would be excellent but will depend on who Chelsea bring in I guess. I don’t think they’ll let him leave right now.

There shouldn't be any question on whether we are interested in Paqueta. He's exactly the profile we would look at, we have looked at and we have his ear.

The only real question is whether a deal is doable this window and I doubt we have the finance or the appetite right now. Next summer we would be all over it.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

There shouldn't be any question on whether we are interested in Paqueta. He's exactly the profile we would look at, we have looked at and we have his ear.

The only real question is whether a deal is doable this window and I doubt we have the finance or the appetite right now. Next summer we would be all over it.

I don’t think it’s finance one window to the next but appetite is likely to be the driver.

they could pay the £60m this year and then drop next summers kitty accordingly but until Champions League becomes a realistic aim the Arsenal model of consistent spend each year is more likely.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Agreed, I got excited when I red the headline! 😁 Mehrdad was in London yesterday, having had a challenging day?  Let’s hope he was ironing out the deal for Paqueta 😎

I was jumping to a different conclusion. A complicated double dipping magpie swoop for the new Rob Lee and an entitled American from Chelsea. 

there is no way NUFC is spunking £59M on Isak and then within a few days spunks another £55M on Paqueta....... that's FM terrority when you just start a new game!

Edited by Awaymag

Just now, Awaymag said:

there is no way NUFC is spunking £59M on Isak and then within a few days punks another £55M on Paqueta....... that's FM terrority when you just start the game!

Might be a fair bit of Punking Paqueta going on in our dressing room this season (note to the overexcited: no ‘S’ there!) 

Think about it....

We make a thread about a player thats linked and the move fails to happen. Repeat at least half a dozen times.

We dont have a thread about the Paqman so.....ITS HAPPENING AND I'M GONNA NEED MORE SOCKS!!

:bluestar:

I remember reading in the athletic after the January window that in the last couple of days of that window we made bigger bids for our top target (Botman) at the time. Wonder then if we do the same with the likes of Maddison or Harrison next week.

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I remember reading in the athletic after the January window that in the last couple of days of that window we made bigger bids for our top target (Botman) at the time. Wonder then if we do the same with em the likes of Maddison or Harrison next week.

Aye, wouldn't suprise me if we had another bash at Maddison or Diaby.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, wouldn't suprise me if we had another bash at Maddison or Diaby.

If (when) Leicester get beaten by Chelsea tomorrow, madison might start causing a fuss if he actually wants to leave. 

Just now, FLUMPO235 said:

If (when) Leicester get beaten by Chelsea tomorrow, madison might start causing a fuss if he actually wants to leave. 

Got to have one eye on us, when he knows he’s wanted. We haven’t done the recruitment drive any harm at all with our decent start to the season. 

5 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

The good thing is he doesn’t even have to be a massive dick about it. 

All he needs to do is tell them that he won’t sign a new deal and would like to leave - Leicester will then know that our offer is the most they will get and as each window passes his value decreases. They wont want the Tielemans situation again with Maddison in 12 months time so I still think there is an outside chance of this one happening, providing we are still interested of course.

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

Never been a single credible source suggesting we’re interested in Paqueta. People should’ve never got this emotionally invested in him.

Don't know the source, but somebody said we enquired about him before buying Bruno.

2 hours ago, Stottie said:

How much of the love for Paqueta is an extension of love for Bruno?

Bruno is world class, but I think the jury is still out on his best role. It's a shame Shelvey is out, because he's our best other deep-lying midfielder. At the end of last season, the initial clamour was for us to buy a DM to replace Shelvey, not an AM who will force Bruno into playing at 6.

I don't think there's any question as to his best role if we sign Paqueta.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Me too. But just saying it’s pretty obvious that the club have at least more than a passing interest in Paqueta- there are more than a few snippets out there from various sources. As seen with Isak, the club keep things close, so it doesn’t concern me that our interest isn’t splashed all over via every journalist going, like some people are wanting or expecting- we’ll be working on it or at last seeing if it’s possible, I’m sure. It might happen, it might not, but lots of reports (Athletic, Times etc) have named him as a target.

Exactly. Howe trains with Paqueta's best mate every day, all he has to do is call Bruno and say "come and get me".

To save anyone looking it up, it looks like Lyon played a mix of 3-4-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 with Bruno on the right of a double pivot and Paqueta at AM.

Whether that matches what Howe might plan to do I cannot say. We did bid for Maddison though, and he would bring something different to what we have now. Leicester do not play 4-3-3 either.

Just now, Stottie said:

To save anyone looking it up, it looks like Lyon played a mix of 3-4-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 with Bruno on the right of a double pivot and Paqueta at AM.

Whether that matches what Howe might plan to do I cannot say. We did bid for Maddison though, and he would bring something different to what we have now. Leicester do not play 4-3-3 either.

He might have been the 10 in their 4231 but that doesn't tell the whole story. Admittedly my one video doesn't tell the story either, but he does not look like a 10 that neglects any defensive duties. His willingness to drop back and get stuck in was what made him so appealing.