Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Andrey Santos and Angelo Gabriel through the door please Dan, thank you. 

Definitely have a feeling we’re building some relationships with agents etc in Brazil and we’ll see some big talents through the door.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Definitely have a feeling we’re building some relationships with agents etc in Brazil and we’ll see some big talents through the door.

Steve Nickson spends more time in South America than the toon 

8 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Steve Nickson spends more time in South America than the toon 

There’s worse places he could be spending his time to be fair.

Sensational if we get this kid and Dos Santos.

Edited by Whitley mag

Good to see us potentially strengthening the u21 side in January for a crack at the youth cup.

In all seriousness the transfer strategy is very exciting, this gets me going more than some 30 year old star on the decline. We have the potential to become one of the youngest and most exciting teams around under Howe.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Good to see us potentially strengthening the u21 side in January for a crack at the youth cup.

In all seriousness the transfer strategy is very exciting, this gets me going more than some 30 year old star on the decline. We have the potential to become one of the youngest and most exciting teams around under Howe.

Thing is with our good start to the season we don’t even have to panic into an older star, not that I’m knocking that especially with how important the Trippier signing was. It makes it easier and more justifiable going for these younger ‘wonder kids’

exciting times

1 minute ago, Tisd09 said:

Thing is with our good start to the season we don’t even have to panic into an older star, not that I’m knocking that especially with how important the Trippier signing was. It makes it easier and more justifiable going for these younger ‘wonder kids’

exciting times

Always a place for a Trippier who is probably my favourite player at the moment. But undoubtedly we’re in a good place to recruit for the future, as Keegan used to always preach the best time to buy is when you’re doing well.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Andrey Santos and Angelo Gabriel through the door please Dan, thank you. 

I'm getting very confused about all these Brazilian wonderkids.

There's Andrey Santos (CM) and Angelo Gabriel (FW) who plays for Santos and they're both around €25m?

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm getting very confused about all these Brazilian wonderkids.

There's Andrey Santos (CM) and Angelo Gabriel (FW) who plays for Santos and they're both around €25m?

Indeed. Andrey Santos plays for Vasco, Ângelo plays for Santos. 

Not sure on price but probably about right

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we signed these 2 lads would they class as for the academy and not count towards ffp?

No idea but I wouldn’t imagine so; especially with the numbers being talked about. Seems like too obvious a loophole to exploit.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

His buyout clause is 60m euros

(Picturing Dan Ashworth opening his briefcase in the boardroom of the Brazilian club then walking out with the player whilst a helicopter awaits on the outside)

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

No idea but I wouldn’t imagine so; especially with the numbers being talked about. Seems like too obvious a loophole to exploit.

It does, however can’t see us spending big on these 2 when we need more first team signings still taking into account ffp.

A few of these lads could end up being flipped for a profit later on, so maybe that’s entered their thinking?

I think the issue now is the policy of selling players for a profit; most, if not all, PL teams can’t act like stepping stones anymore. If a player does well in the Premier League, you have to hope a bigger PL team swoops in as 99% of teams in the world wouldn’t be able to match the asking price. If the player wants a move to a bigger European team that has been priced out, he’ll just run his contract down. It’s becoming quite the challenge.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

A few of these lads could end up being flipped for a profit later on, so maybe that’s entered their thinking?

I think the issue now is the policy selling players for a profit; most, if not all, PL teams can’t act like stepping stones anymore. If a player does well in the Premier League, you have to hope a bigger PL team swoops in as 99% of teams in the world wouldn’t be able to afford the player. If the player wants a move to a bigger European team that has been priced out, he’ll just run his contract down. It’s becoming quite the challenge.

There's always teams throwing around big money.

A £30m transfer like this, with low wages can always be flipped for £50-£60m if it goes well. You have 7-8 PL clubs that can do that. Plus 3 from Spain, a few from Italy, PSG etc.

It's the transfers that the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool do that they can't sell on. The wages are too big and the inital fees £40m+.