Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I go back to an Athletic article from a little while back about the transformation from positions to roles. Yes we play with a high intensity and I think could be drilled for most players, one thing we are lacking is players (plural) who can be creative from several positions and add goals. 

So far our staff have been fantastic at identifying players and getting more out if them than seemed possible. I'm happy yo let them get who they think works.

When we were linked to Maddison in the summer I expect he was identified as a player who could play in place of Miggy on the right and cover one of the front 2 CM roles if need be, he would need to adapt to fit into our CM role without playing a quality DM behind him. The same doubts I had with Paqueta basically.  

11 minutes ago, Nine said:

When we were linked to Maddison in the summer I expect he was identified as a player who could play in place of Miggy on the right and cover one of the front 2 CM roles if need be, he would need to adapt to fit into our CM role without playing a quality DM behind him. The same doubts I had with Paqueta basically.  

Look at the changing roles so far this season with Joe, Willock, Longstaff, even Trips has changed roles depending on opposition. I don't mean how they've evolved, I mean how they change game to game depending on what Howe plans for that game. 

Imagine doing it with a better squad. Few guaranteed starters and everyone drilled to that games plan.

Edited by madras

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Look at the changing roles so far this season with Joe, Willock, Longstaff, even Trips has changed roles depending on opposition. I don't mean how they've evolved, I mean how they change game to game depending on what Howe plane for that game. 

Imagine doing it with a better squad. Few guaranteed starters and everyone drilled to that games plan.

Indeed this is true and I absolutely agree it’s the way forward. Just not convinced that Maddison has the attributes to adapt with in terms of the CM role, however he is clearly fancied by Howe so there’s obviously an idea there. Also the possibility we could be using a different formation against certain teams as we move forward, a 4/2/3/1 might be likely and would alleviate some of the stress on our fitness against opposition at the lower end of the table as the press wouldn’t have to be as intense from the midfield 3. Maddison would be perfect behind the striker in this case.

Edited by Nine

We've already adapted our playing style quite significantly from the end of last season to now. Yes the intensity is ever present ideologically but we're looking to get a much clearer foothold in terms of possession and dominating teams - particularly at home. 

One thing we do still lack in my opinion is technical creativity to break teams down from both midfield and wide areas. The dropped points to Bournemouth and Palace happened because we lacked game breaking players. I have my doubts about how Maddison fits into the current system and way of playing too but he would definitely give us something we don't have. And going forward I also think that the current intensity of our gameplan is probably unsustainable every single week - particularly once we're in Europe and start playing two games a week. We will need slightly different ways of playing and winning.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

?? Translates:

Vélez: from the English Premier League they come for Perrone

Máximo Perrone, Vélez's 19-year-old midfielder, is closely followed by Newcastle in the English Premier League, and could leave for more than 10 million euros.

Vélez seems to be an inexhaustible source of talent. He constantly takes out juveniles from his Inferiors who not only manage to settle in the First Division, but also go later to play abroad and mainly Europe for millionaire sums. In this case, the mention is for Máximo Perrone, who is in the crosshairs of Newcastle of the English Premier League.

ALSO: Independent, in red: the new CD revealed all the debts he has

The 19-year-old flyer was one of the great appearances of the year in the Fort and ended up becoming a fundamental piece for Alexander Medina. His good technique with his feet, his deployment on the court and his projection into the future are aspects that drew attention in European football, and who is willing to move forward to take it is Newcastle.

The club, which was recently acquired by an Arab Investment Fund, is determined to hire it and would have already begun negotiating with leaders of Vélez and Rolando Zárate, a former player of the V azulada, brother of Mauro Zárate and representative of the young midfielder. Perrone, who in January will turn 20, has a contract with Liniers until December 2023 and a

Newcastle, the revelation of the Premier League: it is third.

However, the club and the player would have agreed not to raise that amount in the bond, but in case of negotiating with a club, the figure for which it can be sold is higher. In that sense, the agreement could be given for a number that would be around 14 million euros, and which the Urracas would be willing to pay.

Thus, Maxi Perrone could make the leap with only 33 games in Primera on the back, and Vélez could close another great sale due to his great quality of talents. In addition, he would be the third Argentine to migrate directly to the best league in the world in the last six months, after the passes of Julián Álvarez de River to Manchester City and Facundo Buonannote from Rosario Central to Brighton.

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

If we sign him and, at the training ground, St. Maximim sticks his Ferrari in his space where does Maximo park? 

He'll just have to apply some pressure on Maxi to get his parking spot back. 

Edited by Weezertron