Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I'm going to need to see Moukoko in a black and white top before I believe he's coming. Would be mind-blowing. That type of signing would send an enormous message of intent throughout the footballing world. I don't think we're there yet. Love to see us continue to be lumped in with the elite clubs, though. Our reputation is growing.

It is, but it's also hard to distinguish the difference between our reputation and ability to sign some of these players vs. being used as a name because we have Saudi Arabia's unlimited funds.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Someone at the club has grabbed my FM save from when we were first taken over.  First Isak, now Moukoko.  Will have Saka and Leao on the wings before long. 

:D

image.thumb.png.6decd159cc2c6b5ec6224e420975fac4.png

He won the CL in his first season with us, so I mean...that would be great.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It is, but it's also hard to distinguish the difference between our reputation and ability to sign some of these players vs. being used as a name because we have Saudi Arabia's unlimited funds.

I think it's a distinction without a difference. Our reputation cannot grow without access to that money. It just so happens we seem to have people in place who have spent it wisely, which helps.

With that will come some sagas where we're being used to elevate prices/contracts, etc, but by and large, we are consistently linked with and have signed increasingly higher calibre players with each passing window.

Edited by Memphis

15 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Someone at the club has grabbed my FM save from when we were first taken over.  First Isak, now Moukoko.  Will have Saka and Leao on the wings before long. 

And mine - I got sacked from Newcastle, took over shef wed and got sacked from there as well.

15 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It’s not unlimited!!! Sick of people saying this, FFP is a real thing

I'd say the fact the Moukoko link from the German journalist mentions signing on fee and salary suggests that (i) it's the journalist doing a favour in return for exclusives / access and (ii) it's not credible, as that isn't how we do business. Very happy to be proved wrong.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

He was one of the my first signing in FM - he's class on it :D

Edited by duo

Just now, Skeletor said:

No more talk of Tielemans please.

I think someone else has mentioned it but I don’t think anyone in that Leicester squad is giving the proper representation of themselves. Like most of our players under Bruce. Just completely void of any confidence or even desire to play for the club. And a lot of players in our squad have had massive turn arounds under Howe. 

I’m team Maddison but there is still a player in Tielemans. Howe knows that. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

I think someone else has mentioned it but I don’t think anyone in that Leicester squad is giving the proper representation of themselves. Like most of our players under Bruce. Just completely void of any confidence or even desire to play for the club. And a lot of players in our squad have had massive turn arounds under Howe. 

I’m team Maddison but there is still a player in Tielemans. Howe knows that. 

J-Madz all the way.

4 hours ago, LV said:

He’s literally said there he thinks he could also play wide 

I don't think you understand the definition of 'literally', because he didn't 'literally' say that at all. He just alluded to it.

He said "I am a centre-forward. That is my position and where I am best. Then I think I have quite a wide game, so could do other things as well, so that is not for me to decide." Where there does he 'literally' say he could play wide? He doesn't.

I'd allow that he suggests it might be possible in a non-committal way, but no more than that. Plus he's likely responding to a direct question of "could you play wide", to which he's hardly going to say "no, I'd absolutely refuse" :lol: He gives a diplomatic answer, but the stress is on him primarily saying he's a centre forward. Which he is.

Fucking hell, surely we all remember Allardyce sticking Shola on the wing because he was a bit leggy? Let's not do this. Isak is a striker. We're not going to play our club record signing out of position. If we wanted a £60m winger, we'd have bought one. He's a striker, and always has been. He has never been a wide forward or winger. It'll be one of him or Wilson, not both which is a shame as I love them both, but we're not going to be putting square pegs in round holes moving forward, especially not with our record signing.

Anyway, it's been a great match tonight and I'm getting another beer. :)

26 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The drop in quality from our first XI to our second string is absolutely frightening. We need some serious upgrades. 

Its doubley frustrating seeing the non-purples at times undo the good work of the purples (for lack of better terms) in this transition

25 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I don't think you understand the definition of 'literally', because he didn't 'literally' say that at all. He just alluded to it.

He said "I am a centre-forward. That is my position and where I am best. Then I think I have quite a wide game, so could do other things as well, so that is not for me to decide." Where there does he 'literally' say he could play wide? He doesn't.

I'd allow that he suggests it might be possible in a non-committal way, but no more than that. Plus he's likely responding to a direct question of "could you play wide", to which he's hardly going to say "no, I'd absolutely refuse" :lol: He gives a diplomatic answer, but the stress is on him primarily saying he's a centre forward. Which he is.

Fucking hell, surely we all remember Allardyce sticking Shola on the wing because he was a bit leggy? Let's not do this. Isak is a striker. We're not going to play our club record signing out of position. If we wanted a £60m winger, we'd have bought one. He's a striker, and always has been. He has never been a wide forward or winger. It'll be one of him or Wilson, not both which is a shame as I love them both, but we're not going to be putting square pegs in round holes moving forward, especially not with our record signing.

Anyway, it's been a great match tonight and I'm getting another beer. :)

Whatever Howe decides to do I’ll be happy with and if that means on occasion Isak playing wide with Wilson through the middle then fine 👍

7 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Whatever Howe decides to do I’ll be happy with and if that means on occasion Isak playing wide with Wilson through the middle then fine 👍

Agreed.

But Howe hasn't done that and has given no indication he will, and Isak hasn't played there anything other than a couple of times in his career. Otherwise he's always been a central striker, and considers himself such, and that to be his position.

I've no idea about where this nonsense about him playing wide comes from, but it's not from reality or history.

Anyway, I've said enough on the matter. If people want to continue putting him on the wing in team selections despite the evidence before them, crack on. :)

10 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Agreed.

But Howe hasn't done that and has given no indication he will, and Isak hasn't played there anything other than a couple of times in his career. Otherwise he's always been a central striker, and considers himself such, and that to be his position.

I've no idea about where this nonsense about him playing wide comes from, but it's not from reality or history.

Anyway, I've said enough on the matter. If people want to continue putting him on the wing in team selections despite the evidence before them, crack on. :)

Tbf, he said he's based his game on Thierry Henry (which I can see) and he himself spent a fair bit of time on the left of Barca's front 3 - which no one would have called during his PL days. 

Wouldn't rule anything out personally.

Just now, Thumbheed said:

Tbf, he said he's based his game on Thierry Henry (which I can see) and he himself spent a fair bit of time on the left of Barca's front 3 - which no one would have called during his PL days. 

Wouldn't rule anything out personally.

Henry was an underperforming winger iirc until wenger bought him and stuck him up front.