Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Exactly the reason why he doesn't fit into Howe's system and why I'm pretty confident we won't be in for him. 

He's more mobile than Shelvey and we did fine with him in the side. We've got enough runners and legs in the side as it is we need some actual quality on the ball. Obviously it would be great if we could find a player that has both but they aren't easy to come by. 

Tielemans Bruno and Joe is a pretty well balanced midfield. I don't think everyone we sign has to be a pressing machine. We wouldn't need to press as much if we could keep a hold of the ball a bit better too. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

He's more mobile than Shelvey and we did fine with him in the side. We've got enough runners and legs in the side as it is we need some actual quality on the ball. Obviously it would be great if we could find a player that has both but they aren't easy to come by. 

Tielemans Bruno and Joe is a pretty well balanced midfield. I don't think everyone we sign has to be a pressing machine. We wouldn't need to press as much if we could keep a hold of the ball a bit better too. 

Shelvey, I will be gobsmacked if he's still at the club beyond this Summer. We will see, but I can't see Tielemans being brought in for this system. Still maintain Maddison is the one they really want. 

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bruno        Joelinton

Maddison

Diaby      Wilson       Isak

When Wilson isn’t fit throw Isak centrally and ASM in his place. 

Would you have ASM ahead of Almiron on current form? Seems a bit of a shame on our top scorer and performer to drop right down the pecking order.

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bruno        Joelinton

Maddison

I really hope we can get a couple of DMs in the next 12 months - Varela and even someone like Tielemens (more of a CM I know) - just gives us so much depth 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Would you have ASM ahead of Almiron on current form? Seems a bit of a shame on our top scorer and performer to drop right down the pecking order.

Not particularly. But I think Miggy could rotate with whoever we bring in on the right. They just play two different positions and I think once Howe can correctly harness ASM's skill and power, we'll be golden.

27 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bruno        Joelinton

Maddison

Fucking hell, that is sexy. Diaby's pace is absolutely frightening as well.

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I really hope we can get a couple of DMs in the next 12 months - Varela and even someone like Tielemens (more of a CM I know) - just gives us so much depth 

I don't. Our dominate possession comes from our pressing and ability to recycle possession. We don't need this mythical DM/destroyer type that everyone is clamoring for.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Not particularly. But I think Miggy could rotate with whoever we bring in on the right. They just play two different positions and I think once Howe can correctly harness ASM's skill and power, we'll be golden.

I’d like to see it but I have a feeling ASM won’t be around for much longer. Think he might be moved on in the summer.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I don't. Our dominate possession comes from our pressing and ability to recycle possession. We don't need this mythical DM/destroyer type that everyone is clamoring for.

Totally agree. Bruno is proving you don’t need someone whose only job is to sit in. 

Regarding Harrison Ashby: 

As reported by our man-in-the-know ExWHUEmployee previously, Newcastle was Ashby’s likely destination with the player close to joining the club during the summer transfer window last year. However, despite the transfer looking set for this month, Ex has revealed exclusively that it could be in doubt for now.

Talking on The West Ham Way Podcast, Ex disclosed that Newcastle are currently weighing up whether to meet the fee set by West Ham for the right-back, or let it go to tribunal decision in the summer, where they may be ordered to pay less.

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2023/01/09/he-hasnt-exwhuemployee-ashby-move-in-doubt/

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Feels odd that we would quibble when we’re mega rich. But I suppose you can’t let people take the piss. 

It's the term mega rich, which is the problem.

We are theoretically rich but we don't necessarily have the cash on the hip to spend.

Right now the club is trying to inject steroids into the commercial areas of the club, in order to have more coin to spend on players.

It's hard, from the outside, to accurately perceive how far we have come in 12 months, money wise. When it all clicks in, we will be able to throw a bit of money on the situation but we don't know how far along in that process we are.

One thing is for sure, we won't tell anyone we actually have money.

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Feels odd that we would quibble when we’re mega rich. But I suppose you can’t let people take the piss. 

FFP is still a thing for now. Imagine if we over spend on players then don't get into Champions League. We'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.

13 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

One thing I've learned there , Joe has one hell of a mouthful of marbles for a name !

Also Tielemans has kept every penny he's ever earned and not spent a bean on anything ever