Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Zero said:

It depends on the price. If we can get him under 20m then I can understand why make such a gamble.

They turned down 50m from Chelsea in the summer didn't they. 

Would be hard for them to take less now surely. Harder for us to justify that expenditure too. 

I still think he has bags of potential and would absolutley be a Howe player. The Fraser upgrade. Reportedly a very hard worker on and off the pitch. Just absolutely not worth it for the money. We could surely get better for half the price.

Gordon is really young, only 21, so well moldable. I thought he was good against us last season and Liverpool just resorted to kicking him in the Merseyside derby. He draws lots of fouls like Jonas used to. Fast and tricky, quite good shooting.

A clear upgrade on Murphy and Fraser, if that's not obvious. Not worth 50M just yet, but there looks to be a potential 50M player in there.

As we aim to go deep in multiple competitions, we'll get more opportunities to develop young talent.

The way FFP works with wages, it might be easier to get in a player with a fee that can be spread out and lower wages than a cheap or free player with big wages (e.g., Zaha).

With regards Gordon, I remember a similar reaction when we signed a certain Craig Bellamy. Based on what I watched last season, there's definitely a player in there somewhere who is suffering at a club that is imploding and playing for a shit manager. 

I wouldn't pay anywhere near £50m for him mind, but definitely worth a punt for half of that.

Edited by UncleBingo

5 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Loving all these overseas names being linked, but some fucker always tries to spoil it with the McTominay and Gordon type links.

Every time i see the Mctominay link to us i just get the same feeling when i see Wood in our starting line up or preparing to get in. It feels so empty and so joyless.

I wonder whether Gordon is much more amenable to jumping ship now, and Everton keen to get as much as possible to bolster their transfer coffers. I think there’s a top player in there but not sure he’s what we need/will be near the top of any list  right now. 

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Am I being dumb or is he “near” an airport, not at the airport? 

Fake news

I think there’s definitely something in this one. Nickson appears desperate to get someone in from the SA market, following the Brighton model.