Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, gbandit said:

I’ve looked in the tea leaves and I can see things are going to be interesting over the next few days but it’s also possible they won’t be, wink wink. I’d like ITK status too please 

ITK status? You’ll be getting head hunted by the Telegraph! 

I wish he would at least do rhyming couplets or some Nostradamus quatrains

A young man from the league of one with brother and father of note

Once thought himself too good for the club yet reality will strike soon

The truth is on the dotted line but the bald-headed scribe knows nowt

Follow the skies as the whirling metal bird carries the future

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You would imagine we would only bring him on loan with a view to signing him permanently. I'm pretty sure Howe has already said that he's not interested in bringing players in short term.

Which like I said I think the player will have reservations committing too unless Potter says he has no future long term.

He’s clearly on our list though. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

FFP will play absolutely zero part in our ability to replace Shelvey. Especially when you consider the FFP restrictions on the club attempting to sign him, who have signed like a zillion players this year.

If we don't replace Shelvey, it's because their wasn't a suitable replacement available. Bare in mind Howe doesn't want stop gaps.

Also wasn't it Hope who told us all yesterday that we were actively looking for a CM on loan?

Personally, I'd go and get Tielemans. He cost what? 20m? We'd recoup that back on him, if we decided to sell him further down the line.

The club were prepared to pay 25m for Wood, I see no reasons why they wouldn't consider a reasonable outlay on a CM, if they can find one.

Thing with Tielemans is that I see him waiting until the summer to have quite a few choices as well as a bigger sign on fee. Don’t see him leaving now. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, STM said:

Personally, I'd go and get Tielemans. He cost what? 20m? We'd recoup that back on him, if we decided to sell him further down the line.

Issue with Tielemans is that it’s likely he’s going to want to wait until the summer to get his signing on bonus etc, even if we agree a price with Leicester.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Tielemans will want a fortune in wages, I'd stay clear personally.

I agree.

I don't rate him either. Some lovely long range strikes but whenever we play them our players breeze past him, he simply can't compete with our energy.

So do we want that type of player in our midfield?

I'd rather splash the cash on Maddison.

FFP is a convenient excuse as to why we can't spend daft money on a club's player. We use it well. I think if we really needed someone, they become available for the right price, then we sign them, suddenly offset by an official toilet paper sponsor or something.

Fair points.

Even though Berge is potentially heading else where. I'd wonder if we would try and hijack any deal. Another player I'd look at, but I'm not sure how feasible it is, is Billing of Bournemouth but they would want a hefty fee.

Edit: Billing has 18 months left on his contract, so would still command a big fee.

Edited by STM