Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

Wolves got him from Benfica; I think a lot of people make the incorrect leap that he's therefore Portuguese. Would be "Ximines" if he was, though.

Ooooh look at me, look at me, I know the difference between Spanish and Portuguese orthography. Pathetic!

I see Ryder has reported that neither Paqueta or his agent are available for comment on a potential transfer. Can you imagine the state of that voicemail?

"Hi, it's Lee Ryder of the Evening Chronicle here. Spelt L-e-e R-i-d...

...oh, hang on" *hangs up*

"Hi, it's Lee Ryder of the Evening Chronicle again. Will Lucas be getting in the famous black and white people carrier to join Bruno Gum..., Gim...

...Bruno at Newcastle United. Please call me back. Cheers."

Postiga, Pauleta, Nuno Gomes. Never really rated any of them. Andre Silva falls into the same category too imo.

Jota and Ronaldo are wingers who have become forwards or have goalscoring threat - which if anything supports my conviction that they can't produce proper strikers.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

There'll be a few of decent players available on loan closer to the deadline after the selling clubs have been unable to shift them permanently, as there is every year.

I'm being lazy, but in recent years who are the obvious loanees that have gone to top half table clubs? I'm guessing there are loads that have been successful but my brain isn't working :lol:

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Didn't even think of Postiga. Nuno Gomes completely dominates 'shit portuguese striker' in my mind. 

Always quite liked him tbh, think it was just the hair. He's pretty much who I picture when I think of Euro 2000.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Postiga, Pauleta, Nuno Gomes. Never really rated any of them. Andre Silva falls into the same category too imo.

Jota and Ronaldo are wingers who have become forwards or have goalscoring threat - which if anything supports my conviction that they can't produce proper strikers.

Used to always fancy Pauleta for an outside chance of top scorer at tournaments and he was always absolutely wank.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Always quite liked him tbh, think it was just the hair. He's pretty much who I picture when I think of Euro 2000.

There was one tournament where he stuck in my memory as being absolutely shite. Might have been 2004 despite them getting to the final. 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm being lazy, but in recent years who are the obvious loanees that have gone to top half table clubs? I'm guessing there are loads that have been successful but my brain isn't working :lol:

Saul, Kral, Lookman

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

As well as the goal from a corner Ramos scored against us he also scored an even better header from a corner V Fulham in preseason. 

Scored a couple v Mijttylland too. Andre Cârroll.