Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I like Barnes and he certainly wouldn’t be a bad option, he’s not going to be a world class player but maybe he’s the level we need to target right now. We’re in a tricky position where we’re not quite able to attract the best talent but we’re not that far off either 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I like Barnes and he certainly wouldn’t be a bad option, he’s not going to be a world class player but maybe he’s the level we need to target right now. We’re in a tricky position where we’re not quite able to attract the best talent but we’re not that far off either 

I like players with PL experience. But our signings from abroad have been much better in that top category.

Unless we can get great deals like Pope, we shouldn't spend big money on PL players.

I like Barnes a lot but not for anything Leicester would want in the summer.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Ashworth has said that our transfer policy works like a traffic light system. The recruitment team will put forward a series of targets for a position, Howe then has his input and Ashworth assess the financial practicality of each. A transfer is rated as "Green" only if all three parties agree on a transfer. Howe won't be scouting and suggesting targets. 

"McTominay?"

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. It's clear McTominay is at least liked by some in NUFC and we are "monitoring" his situation.

He's no better than Longstaff imo.

You got any theories on who at NUFC is an admirer? 

From hitc.com:

Newcastle United are interested in Alex Grimaldo and contact has now been made with the Benfica star’s representatives.

That’s according to Spanish newspaper AS, who claim that Grimaldo is attracting major interest. Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and Fulham are understood to have made approaches to Grimaldo’s agents – and so have Newcastle.

Atletico Madrid could yet make their move too, with Tottenham loanee Sergio Reguilon unlikely to be staying.

Grimaldo is out of contract this summer and can leave Benfica for absolutely nothing. That makes him one of the most appealing left backs on the market, and Newcastle appear to be moving in for him.

I like this one. Left back is a weak position, and this player looks very handy with free kicks. This would enable us to upgrade from Trippier without losing that expertise from dead ball situations.

Trips is fine going forward, but his defending looks more and more suspect to me.

12 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

:lol: 

We’re coming out of 12 years + of Ashley and his bullshit and Scott McTominay is what breaks you. 

No. What breaks me are people on here justifying him as being a good buy. He is absolutely not what you want if you are aiming for top 4 and CL. He would be an aweful transitional investment as well. What you want is Bruno and Botman type of quality. 

Just now, maze said:

No. What breaks me are people on here justifying him as being a good buy. He is absolutely not what you want if you are aiming for top 4 and CL. He would be an aweful transitional investment as well. What you want is Bruno and Botman type of quality. 

Has anyone tried to justify it as a good buy?

2 minutes ago, maze said:

So we buy the likes of Bruno, Botman, Isak and if some at the club think McTomonay think will be a good buy for us, even if I disagree, its hardly going to make me think "I'm done".

5 minutes ago, maze said:

Even after Ashley? Ok.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Has anyone tried to justify it as a good buy?

a few pages back you have people posting screen shots of his stats. 

3 minutes ago, madras said:

So we buy the likes of Bruno, Botman, Isak and if some at the club think McTomonay think will be a good buy for us, even if I disagree, its hardly going to make me think "I'm done".

I see you take it literally as oppose to a very clear expression of what I think of McTominay. 

1 minute ago, maze said:

a few pages back you have people posting screen shots of his stats. 

I see you take it literally as oppose to a very clear expression of what I think of McTominay. 

Yeah I did. Surely there's better ways to say you don't thinks he's good enough, like "I don't think he's good enough".